• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My XMen Juliet Clone

Its not so much different size orbitals as it is variances in the casting process. Each one is slightly different. The later one is made, the more it will be different from the first batch. Same with the tabs on the orbitals that go into the nose bridge. The early ones are square and the later ones are rounded off making it near impossible to get them to be as tight as an earlier gen frame. X Man showed us a comparison a while back.

To stop the lens from being loose you need to shim it. A shim is a small piece of material that will make the lens sit tight in the frame. Something thin, flat, and flexible would be the best. Try a piece of dental floss. I've seen some Juliet frames that look like they had a strip of glue in the orbital to keep the lens tight.

It's wonky but it's also what makes the X Metal line unique.

Its not so much different size orbitals as it is variances in the casting process. Each one is slightly different. The later one is made, the more it will be different from the first batch. Same with the tabs on the orbitals that go into the nose bridge. The early ones are square and the later ones are rounded off making it near impossible to get them to be as tight as an earlier gen frame. X Man showed us a comparison a while back.

To stop the lens from being loose you need to shim it. A shim is a small piece of material that will make the lens sit tight in the frame. Something thin, flat, and flexible would be the best. Try a piece of dental floss. I've seen some Juliet frames that look like they had a strip of glue in the orbital to keep the lens tight.

It's wonky but it's also what makes the X Metal line unique.
Thanks! I was thinking in using one of those spongy materials we used to use for models back in elementary school (I don't know the name in English but we call it Fomy in Mexico). I hadn't thought of dental floss, I'll try that as a second option. Thanks again
72c2a371f5527b192d27521ccd8fb534.jpg

Latest Posts

Back