• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help identifying model

They are frogskins however they are called new frogskins. I'm not a fan and don't have a single pair but I know a few folks that like them. They didn't take off nearly as well as what I'd call real frogs. I'm not an expert on these at all but yes they are new frogs. ( old frogs) I believe it was a style released between the gen 2 and Gen 3 frogs that most are more accustomed to. Please don't quote me on thid I'm not an expert on these whatsoever. I'm a Gen 1 Gen 2 and certainly a gen 3 guy.

New frogskins

IMG_0923.jpg

Gen 3
20160708_205526.jpg

They are frogskins however they are called new frogskins. I'm not a fan and don't have a single pair but I know a few folks that like them. They didn't take off nearly as well as what I'd call real frogs. I'm not an expert on these at all but yes they are new frogs. ( old frogs) I believe it was a style released between the gen 2 and Gen 3 frogs that most are more accustomed to. Please don't quote me on thid I'm not an expert on these whatsoever. I'm a Gen 1 Gen 2 and certainly a gen 3 guy.
So how old are they?

New frogskins 96-04 with about a dozen colour combos... I believe that's the correct years. You Might want to check O Review for confirmation but I think I'm about there.

Gen 1- 85-90
Gen 2- 90-96
Gen 3- 07-present (my favorite) I have 346 pairs or so of Gen 3. Lol

Cheers hope I helped.

Back