• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need restoration advice (3.0 display case)

DWMK

Oakley Beginner
I have a buddy that picked up a double wide 3.0 display case recently. I was wondering what material and thickness the shelves are for it and if there is a place that someone recommends to get shelves made. Finally if anyone has suggestions for a paint to touch up the matte black finish please let me know.

I have a buddy that picked up a double wide 3.0 display case recently. I was wondering what material and thickness the shelves are for it and if there is a place that someone recommends to get shelves made. Finally if anyone has suggestions for a paint to touch up the matte black finish please let me know.
The shelves are tempered glass although I dont think they did a good job on the tempered. I had chips in mine that would have shattered good tempered glass. Not sure of the thickness but I remember that they were on odd size. I believe it was in between 3/16 and 1/4 inch. I went with 1/4 and polished edges. Home Depot has the Rustoleum textured black spray paint, its a very close match.

I know where a complete set of 4 dbl wide shelves are. Not sure if their shippable because of the weight. Exact replacements I've been quoted $125 EACH because of the divots on each end for door swing. I'll inquire if you're interested and in the USA.

I'm interested. Not sure if I'll be able to make it work if shipping is not an option but if it's close enough I might be able to make a road trip.

The shelves are tempered glass although I dont think they did a good job on the tempered. I had chips in mine that would have shattered good tempered glass. Not sure of the thickness but I remember that they were on odd size. I believe it was in between 3/16 and 1/4 inch. I went with 1/4 and polished edges. Home Depot has the Rustoleum textured black spray paint, its a very close match.
I did Rustoleum brush paint on my case. It works OK, but certainly not quite the same. If you paint the whole thing, or do like I did and just paint the base it will work. Spot touch up will be tough though, not sure it'll look good. It's a hair different color, and changes the texture. Plus, the OEM finish has a bit of flake to it.

I could use some of these shelves as well, in need of the exact same shelves as you
The measurment I have are from @pricedollaz from Instagram
31.25x15.25
Side is 14.25 after cut out and the middle of the from is 25.25 after the cut out and he said his are 1/4 tempered glass, but I talked to a glass guy today and he said that 1/4 tempered would flex too much, but I think that is a bunch of malarkey if you ask me, I've seen displays for tons of different things with 1/4 thick tempered

I'm still looking for glass too or a good place to cut me some also looking into the idea of thick plexiglass any ideas?

Back