• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need some information

Deadhead87

Oakley Beginner
I just purchased this display case..got a great deal on it. However, it definitely needs some love, Does anyone know what the name of the paint they used or an alternative I could use to match it? It’s like a Matt Brown with Sparkles.

Also, the lights on the bottom only work if I take the bulbs out and put them back in. Once i flip the switch off and turn it back on they never turn on. What do you think the problem is? All the connections look super clean.

IMG_0483.jpeg

IMG_0488.jpeg

IMG_0491.jpeg

IMG_0497.jpeg

The Ballasts go bad in those. You can remove the entire fixture and go to Home Depot and put in an LED one that works better anyway!!!

The Ballasts go bad in those. You can remove the entire fixture and go to Home Depot and put in an LED one that works better anyway!!!
Thats what I ended up doing. I got LED's for the top and the bottom. Its going to look good. The only thing I can't find out is what f'in paint they used for it. It has a lot of scratches and needs a complete paint job. I could redo the entire thing but that really would be such a pain in the D. I mean for real, it would take a full weekend to do it and I just don't have that time right now.

I appreciate the response though. Thank you. ohhh, Last thing, I went to Depot and purchased some of the locks but they will not fit in the bottom cabinet. I did not realize they even made different sizes for those types of locks, I thought it was universal. Do you know what size will fit? I cant get a measurement on the hole. Thanks again.

Thats what I ended up doing. I got LED's for the top and the bottom. Its going to look good. The only thing I can't find out is what f'in paint they used for it. It has a lot of scratches and needs a complete paint job. I could redo the entire thing but that really would be such a pain in the D. I mean for real, it would take a full weekend to do it and I just don't have that time right now.

I appreciate the response though. Thank you. ohhh, Last thing, I went to Depot and purchased some of the locks but they will not fit in the bottom cabinet. I did not realize they even made different sizes for those types of locks, I thought it was universal. Do you know what size will fit? I cant get a measurement on the hole. Thanks again.
I hear you on the repaint being a pain......I have no idea what size the hole is for the lock set. I have a few different cases but not that one in particular.

Use a micrometer, it can measure inner diameter and outer diameter.

Do a custom case. Haven't seen that yet. Have it powder coated the color you want. And have it the first or it's kind. Make it bad ass since you have the opportunity.

I just purchased this display case..got a great deal on it. However, it definitely needs some love, Does anyone know what the name of the paint they used or an alternative I could use to match it? It’s like a Matt Brown with Sparkles.

Also, the lights on the bottom only work if I take the bulbs out and put them back in. Once i flip the switch off and turn it back on they never turn on. What do you think the problem is? All the connections look super clean.

View attachment 1095341

View attachment 1095342

View attachment 1095343

View attachment 1095344
I just asked Peter Yee for you. Waiting to hear back but if he doesn’t know the color no one will. Im pretty sure he designed this one

Peter just said he they are powder coated and he does not know what color they are.

Back