• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Aluminium double wide need lighting ideas!

Here’s the few extras that come with the case

image.jpg

I saw this on marketplace. It was too far and
I didnt have time to grab it otherwise I would have rode up. Get some under counter puck lights from the home center. Mount them on a small wooden strip and drop them in from the top. Many come with a switch and have a dimming feature.

I really like the puck lights and use them in all my cases. They are made by defiant on amazon or eBay. They have a remote control to turn them on and also has 4 color variations. U Can set a timer. They are battery run and the batteries they give u are crap. I bought some good batteries for them and they work great.

286FCCF9-9001-450C-BDAE-5F5A3A14213E.jpeg
FEA8347A-2CDF-4CDC-835E-087ECEE4CECE.jpeg

Bit late to the ideation party...
As other suggest LED makes for a great option. If you wanted one light solution, a LED panel light should do the trick. They come in various configurations, and sizes along with powering options 12v plug n play or hardwired and dimmable. You maybe able to score something comparable off amazon for less, but for the sake of browsing all your options their site is worth checking out.

I believe this would be the largest size panel you could fit inside of your case; they should make 12v plug n play version in this size or smaller

Bit late to the ideation party...
As other suggest LED makes for a great option. If you wanted one light solution, a LED panel light should do the trick. They come in various configurations, and sizes along with powering options 12v plug n play or hardwired and dimmable. You maybe able to score something comparable off amazon for less, but for the sake of browsing all your options their site is worth checking out.

I believe this would be the largest size panel you could fit inside of your case; they should make 12v plug n play version in this size or smaller

No not too late I haven’t done anything with it yet. This looks like it would work awesome!!

No not too late I haven’t done anything with it yet. This looks like it would work awesome!!
One suggestion before picking a panel. Determine what the later 3.0/4.0 double wide cases use for bulb wattage or total lumens output, so you can get a panel that is within that range..
I'd opt for light temp between 4000 - 5000k for a nice white light temp.

Last edited:
I have the identical case that came without any lighting. I made this light bar from 1/4” aluminum channel. I used GE Par 20, 12w (100 w equivalent) 1100 lumin LED bulbs. They stay cool and fit perfectly inside the original hole cutouts.
l drilled out a rivet in the rear corner, inserted a grommet, and ran the wire to a switch in the lower cabinet.
My future plan is to get a small rotary dimmer switch, insert it through a rivet hole. Then attach the rivet head to use as a switch knob. It will be exposed yet almost invisible.
I hope this helps.
828FB557-A00B-45A3-A46F-16D226F93A11.jpeg
3483F737-7848-4A4A-8E87-991A1D493456.jpeg
B26E4032-E64D-4A8A-AC58-7E9D91D7ABC8.jpeg
E50AB3F8-A628-46DA-B87E-F7B60B73733C.jpeg

Back