• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New here, old school Oakley wearer..

Spoone

Oakley Beginner
Hi all
I'm an aging Oakley fan, starting with the very first Frogskins, waaaaay back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and dirt was still being tested. To date,all my eyeglasses (eyes get old, y'know?) are the Tincup, and before that, the Plank 2.0, and beforeTHAT, Socket 2.0.

I've had Gascans, M-frames, Holbrooks, and my most favorite frames, the venerable and awesome A-Wires.

These days, I'm still rockin' my ancient A-wires (2.0, polarized, spring hinge)
The lenses have seen better days, so if anyone can point me in the direction of a decent tutorial on replacing them, I'd be grateful :)

Welcome!
Any ham-fisted old fossil can acquire the correct size Phillips screwdriver, and open the orbitals.
The difficult part is sourcing the CORRECT lenses, as the spring hinge variant uses a unique pattern; non-spring hinge lenses are a no go.
When you have the required # of posts, and or time served, you can post in the Exchange for a “Want to Buy” add.
OR
You may elect to have one of our ChopMasters cut a custom lens of your favourite hue from OEM stock.
Lastly, you could try your luck with non-Oakley aftermarket plastic.
If that, then you’re on your own...
:tongue:

Welcome!
Any ham-fisted old fossil can acquire the correct size Phillips screwdriver, and open the orbitals.
The difficult part is sourcing the CORRECT lenses, as the spring hinge variant uses a unique pattern; non-spring hinge lenses are a no go.
When you have the required # of posts, and or time served, you can post in the Exchange for a “Want to Buy” add.
OR
You may elect to have one of our ChopMasters cut a custom lens of your favourite hue from OEM stock.
Lastly, you could try your luck with non-Oakley aftermarket plastic.
If that, then you’re on your own...
:tongue:
See, there's the thing.

The temples appear to anchor the earstems, which is typical of any frame, but there are screws on the inside of the frame, by the nose piece. My assumption is that these are what holds the frame together, and keeps the lenses in place.

I just don't wanna be wrong and bork my frames, is all :p

IMG_20200825_120439012_HDR.jpg

Back