• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Oakley TargetLine Sunglasses

as a golfer who loves Holbrook style frames and wears new era hats these look like a win for me. lol. i'm like the target audience for this type of pair. i just hope they release a pair with prizm field since that is what i wear when i golf. prizm golf is too light for me and that prizm golf dark looks like it is a pretty boring lens color from the outside. i may pick up a prizm jade.

Last edited:
How do they compare to the Mainlink in terms of lense curvature and fit?

Was going to get some Mainlink custom with Prizm Road - as Prizm Road is available in custom - only realised that recently.

Hollbrooks fit me very well on the noise etc and the Mainlink fit me pretty well.

Jupiter squared are a worse fit and I think Crosslink look terrible and fit me badly.

These could be ideal for cycling into town.

I'm all for more active pairs. I have some turbines but they don't fit my nose that well.

I'm happy with high wrap and used to go for that even when wayfarers were popular but must admit Holbrook etc look great and are more fashionable. Wayfarer style should vent better too.

Some sporty / practical wayfarers with high transmission lenses can be pretty good for zipping into and around town I think, and work better when walking around compared to some flak 2.0 etc (which fit me badly anyway).

Helmet friendly too.

Would be nice if they did Prizm trail - love that lense. Would happily use that in town when it's less sunny. Might have to get flak draft for that.

I actually like that douchey white frame... while it's not earth shattering, it is better than some of last year's stuff.

as a golfer who loves Holbrook style frames and wears new era hats these look like a win for me. lol. i'm like the target audience for this type of pair. i just hope they release a pair with prizm field since that is what i wear when i golf. prizm golf is too light for me and that prizm golf dark looks like it is a pretty boring lens color from the outside. i may pick up a prizm jade.

They are more like Sliver XL's than Holbrooks. Targetlines are 58 138.

So i ended up visiting the Oakley store in Vegas on Thursday. i intended to just buy a shirt, but after trying on the Targetline i ended up buying the Prizm Jade Polar pair. i really liked the fit they had with my hat. i love Holbrooks, but these fit much better with a hat due to stem shape and the frame shape on the orbitals. the lenses are larger vertically than Holbrooks. i took a couple pics side by side with a Holbrook so you can see the size comparison. i was also surprised they came with a carbon case, i wasn't expecting that. I'm not sure if all pairs come with the case or just the Polar pairs.

20180307_195016.jpg
20180307_194704.jpg
20180307_194910.jpg
20180307_195358.jpg

So i ended up visiting the Oakley store in Vegas on Thursday. i intended to just buy a shirt, but after trying on the Targetline i ended up buying the Prizm Jade Polar pair. i really liked the fit they had with my hat. i love Holbrooks, but these fit much better with a hat due to stem shape and the frame shape on the orbitals. the lenses are larger vertically than Holbrooks. i took a couple pics side by side with a Holbrook so you can see the size comparison. i was also surprised they came with a carbon case, i wasn't expecting that. I'm not sure if all pairs come with the case or just the Polar pairs.

View attachment 443443 View attachment 443444 View attachment 443445 View attachment 443446
They are great I need to get me one of these soon.
And they fit so well with a hat, any way you wear you hat.
They all come with the carbon case, which is kind of a surprise when you see it from a price point standpoint.

View attachment 443443 View attachment 443444 View attachment 443445 View attachment 443446
Does the nose piece look interchangeable,similar to the MNP frames or is it attached differently?

Back