• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Project - Wind Jackets 2.0 #TeamKICKASS Prologue Studio Edition

kjcolumbo

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I've been wanting to start a new project, so I picked up a pair of Wind Jacket 2.0's in Viper Red.
Wind Jacket 2.0.jpg
I was going back and forth between doing a spatter or a fade, but nothing was really peaking my interest. I saw another one that was color-blocked Miami Vice style that looked kinda cool, and then I remembered the Sutro Eyeshade Prologue Studio Edition. I think that is the direction I'm going to go.
wind-jacket-20-miami-vice-prizm-snow-sapphire.jpgSutro Eyeshade Studio.jpg

So far, I stripped them down, including icons, which I believe are actually the same as either the Radar or Radarlocks. I didn't take the arms off, because they are pinned in, which is kind of a pain for painting but should keep the hinges from chipping. I roughed things up a little with sandpaper, wiped them down with rubbing alcohol and hit them with some primer gray. I masked one of the arms off and will hit the rest of the frame with a coat of white and then start the color blocking and stripe details. I'm not sure what color the other arm will be yet, but it will be something different. To finish, a gloss clear.
FB299752-4485-42E3-B7B5-22F201777EFD.jpeg

To match my team kit (please excuse the Smith's I'm wearing in the picture, they were for a product review for Bikeworldnews.com), the final colors will be white, black, pink, purple, and gray, with the Prizm Snow Torch Red lens. I'll try and post pics along the way, but I can't wait to finish them.
LLWH.jpg

Some more recent pics.

Most of the frame was done in white, and then masked off for the hot pink.
25EDF798-6B59-4681-BBF9-A422B641A1E7.jpeg

Hot pink added at the top and the nose bridge, and purple in the lower right and left temple.
EC32E534-5043-4428-837D-EC16BC2CA8C9.jpeg

Just need to do the light pink on the right side that is currently white (probably should have done that before the purple, oh well), add the black stripe, touch up a few spots, and then hit it with clear. The left temple is going to be grey. Currently primer, so I might just leave it as is, hence it is still taped up.
E0E9B8AD-68A8-4CA4-A8DF-D7A097621996.jpeg

Not gonna lie dude that’s honestly good work especially for some spray cans! The one time I tried spray cans it looked so bad I had to send them to @btw73 to fix!!! He revived them and gave them a new life lol.

Pinks my go to so these are sick dude! Trail or black or road would look killer in them!

Back