• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Unopened 24k XX And Mars

Don't do it... stick with the "shelf whores" club - don't be tempted by the DARK SIDE!

If you plan to one day sell them for profit you can add about 20% for unopened items... I know this from experience, both buying and selling...

If you plan to one day sell them for profit you can add about 20% for unopened items... I know this from experience, both buying and selling...

Not sure what I want to do... Just though it would be fun so see peoples opinions lol. Maybe I'll tally the votes and video me opening if that wins!!

I say open and enjoy them. If you're into Oakleys as an investment, you're not going to be retiring early. Sunglasses don't serve their purpose is the darkness of their boxes.

I would open using a ruler and sharp razor blade to get an exact perfect cut on the label. It is true what FGG suggests about a future investment, but what is the difference between a mint perfect unused pair and the same pair sealed? I would swallow the extra few £'s value to see and appreciate and wear the piece, and to know whether or not there are any manufacture issues and to be sure the serial is a match, also the foam on some older pairs deteriorates and should be swapped...easier said than done I know, but with a sealed pair you do not know exactly what is inside and the suspense of not knowing could destroy you mentally! I had a few sealed, all opened with the razor cut, all pieces known to be as they should, no regrets.

Keeping a pair unopened is risky. I've opened a brand new set of Juliets before and found the lenses to have scratches. Exchanged it right away.

If i were to buy an unopened set, i'd want the seller to open it up and make sure everything was in order before shipping. The other thing is everyone has access to packaging equipment these days. Even shrink wrapped items can be re-wrapped. Stickers can be remade or just peeled off and re-applied with glue. I've gotten around the little sticker on the x metal boxes and just opened it from one of the ends of the box.... sticker remains in tact.

To me, unopened doesn't mean anything.

Back