• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nosebridge tune question

Slojack

The Cake is a Lie
Premium Member
Orlando
20210929_201624.jpg

Do I need to trim the rubber? Holes line up, do not like the gap. Also...1st re-pin ever. Top done by @zwc0442

View attachment 904669
Do I need to trim the rubber? Holes line up, do not like the gap. Also...1st re-pin ever. Top done by @zwc0442
Yes I usually trim a sliver off the thick end of my flex couplers depending on what generation the frame is. Earlier generations have a bigger orbital tab. Later have a smaller one. The flex couplers fit a later gen with no trimming but need to be trimmed down a little for early gen frames.

Yeah just trim a little off the thick end of the flex coupler. Start with about a credit card thickness and if that's not enough trim a little more till the orbital sits fully into the nose.

also get a solid poiny object to scrape out the old rubber in the nosebridge. I used pointy tweezers.

Put the bridge rubber in the pocket. Trim with a exacto blade till flush.then purell the tab on the orbital and slide it in.some vendors rubber is too thick and is hard to trim.

Put the bridge rubber in the pocket. Trim with a exacto blade till flush.then purell the tab on the orbital and slide it in.some vendors rubber is too thick and is hard to trim.
This is the response I need. I butchered the first one, tried to trim down first before inserting.

Back