• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Not open for further replies.

Nucchem

If you are not falling, you are not learning.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dublin, Ca
Thought I would just share my thoughts.
Seems like this is becoming a thing, this NOT OPEN FOR FURTHER REPLYS. I get it, some folks on here can discourage people from leaving their sale thread open for comments. Personally I just either ignore or blast back. I have seen sale threads become a battle ground from comments that upset the seller. Mostly it’s the newbie that gets thrashed because they know no better and certainly do not have the expertise as most. Understood and fun sometimes. But members who have been on here a lot longer than myself are closing their sale threads to comments. That’s their choice, and your choice.
Myself, I like to make constructive comments, ask question, see answers, praise as to how cool those are, and sometimes throw out a dig, can’t help that mostly when it’s PJ commenting.
Just an observation that I see, and seems it has become a growing trend, which is too bad.
Maybe we can ease up just a bit on the “destruction of the seller“ comments ....and the folks closing your sales thread because of harassing comments, pull your big boy pants up a little higher and fire back, most times it’s all in fun.

Seems like this is becoming a thing, this NOT OPEN FOR FURTHER REPLYS. I get it, some folks on here can discourage people from leaving their sale thread open for comments. Personally I just either ignore or blast back. I have seen sale threads become a battle ground from comments that upset the seller. Mostly it’s the newbie that gets thrashed because they know no better and certainly do not have the expertise as most. Understood and fun sometimes. But members who have been on here a lot longer than myself are closing their sale threads to comments. That’s their choice, and your choice.
Myself, I like to make constructive comments, ask question, see answers, praise as to how cool those are, and sometimes throw out a dig, can’t help that mostly when it’s PJ commenting.
Just an observation that I see, and seems it has become a growing trend, which is too bad.
Maybe we can ease up just a bit on the “destruction of the seller“ comments ....and the folks closing your sales thread because of harassing comments, pull your big boy pants up a little higher and fire back, most times it’s all in fun.
If descriptions are accurate and price is relatively fair, the comments are usually all in fun. Bad descriptions or “EBay” level pricing tends to draw the true ire of the forum...

I find it more entertaining that the people that lock their threads because they do not like the feedback have no problem putting their feedback on someone else's thread.

It opens it up to a nice array of learning too. Well put @Nucchem!! Now go shave. 😂 🔒 now??

Well just the other day we learned that the polished carbon Ichiros were produced in numbers greater then Oakley released because of it. . Oddly it was locked shortly afterward and the OP was liking all the comments. Could it be that it isn’t ALWAYS locked by the OP? Seems like moderators might also have the power to lock em. Anyways if it’s the OP, kind of a dumb move if guys are doing things like arguing production etc that isn’t directly calling them out. Just keeps their post at the top of the list in a time when there seems to be a lot of pairs being advertised. Personally wouldn’t mind the free bumps......

Then you have the ones who have had their listings in the exchange so long they start deleting the bumps they have made so it doesn’t look like it’s been up for as long as it has. Some threads here have already had a happy birthday and are approaching 2!

A lot of times I come across a sales thread that I want to tag someone to. If it’s locked, I say *** it an move on. Possible sale lost for the OP because they feel the need to lock the thread.

Then you have the ones who have had their listings in the exchange so long they start deleting the bumps they have made so it doesn’t look like it’s been up for as long as it has. Some threads here have already had a happy birthday and are approaching 2!

A lot of times I come across a sales thread that I want to tag someone to. If it’s locked, I say *** it an move on. Possible sale lost for the OP because they feel the need to lock the thread.

After 6 months, lower the price or take it off the market. The price is obviously higher than people should pay and the seller is just waiting for a fool to come along and pay the exorbitant price...

Latest Posts

Back