• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Not your usual collection...

QuinsRulesOK

Oakley Beginner
As per my new member thread, I have a collection, but no original boxes, not in a display case, but still, I like them :cool:

Some standouts which gets more use than others, Holbrooks from left Ruby frame/lenses, Turbine Sapphire back left, Frogskins Emerald middle towards the back, Badman Chrome back right. And my original Romeo 1's, Plasma/Fire middle left :cool-20: Even some cycling ones at the back which I used to wear.....before my bike got stolen a few years ago! Now I just cycle in a gym, but wearing a Racing Jacket in the gym doesn't seem right :p

And as per my welcome thread, they are all kept in a drawer, in their bags. Oh, and excuse the imposter front right, a pair of Bolle, my first ever pair of sunglasses bought with my own money, kept for sentimental reasons.

IMG_0575.jpg

Forgot to mention I do have four watches, but they are stuck at the bottom of some boxes in the spare room, I'll try and dig them out, but they were:

Oakley D1 Blue & D1 Black / Oakley Crush Yellow Dial / Oakley Detonator Red Dial

All batteries dies many years ago as I moved on to more pricier automatic watches and didn't wear them again. I only got these names/colours from my watch forum signature from another forum I'm a long term member of. I assume the batteries have long leaked inside the cases and they probably won't work again, but who knows, maybe I'll try and find them and find some new batteries.

Nice, I see an r1 in there
That's the pair that got me on here actually. I've wore them on and off since I got them in 2002 (I think). Few years ago I noticed one of the gaskets was gone, boxed them up and didn't do anything with them. Bought plenty of other Oakleys in the meantime, Moved yet again about 4 years ago and got them out again, and again wore them on and off, didn't even notice the gasket was gone. Then wearing them the other day I noticed it again, and said I would finally do something about them. So I'm doing some research now about getting the gaskets replaced, and the properly cleaned up. Lenses are pretty good, usual cracking around the frame screws, albeit only small. They are good fit for my melon head, stay on really well. Can't imagine anyone with a smaller head than mine trying to pull them off! :p

That's the pair that got me on here actually. I've wore them on and off since I got them in 2002 (I think). Few years ago I noticed one of the gaskets was gone, boxed them up and didn't do anything with them. Bought plenty of other Oakleys in the meantime, Moved yet again about 4 years ago and got them out again, and again wore them on and off, didn't even notice the gasket was gone. Then wearing them the other day I noticed it again, and said I would finally do something about them. So I'm doing some research now about getting the gaskets replaced, and the properly cleaned up. Lenses are pretty good, usual cracking around the frame screws, albeit only small. They are good fit for my melon head, stay on really well. Can't imagine anyone with a smaller head than mine trying to pull them off! :p
"Cracking around the frame screws" aren't usual 😂 sounds like the lens and the frame are grinding

It's actually quite normal. A couple of things happen here. The screws get cranked down too tight and a combination of how the glasses are put on
It has happend to me before and that's how i know if i tightened too much to the point where i cracked the lens or the iridium coating gets messed up. If i tighten it just right i never get that cracking sound

Back