• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Asian Fit Differences Between Models?

After reading this thread:
So radarlock asian fit is the same as standard fit radarlock . Is that the only Oakley model were the 2 "fits" are identical ?

I have JB, RadarLock and Radar EV (all three are Asia fit).

I think the Jawbreakers are the same, just the nose piece is bigger for the Asia fit.

Sports frames will just have the bigger nose pieces installed for Asian fit. When you go to an O store and ask for a Asian fit Radarlock, all they're going to do is swap the nose piece for you. The flexibility of the sports frames allows the frame to adjust appropriately.

Okay, but have you compared them to standart versions ?

Not "in my hands" comparing just looking at the measurements (which are the same for JB) and seeing if there are Asia fit lenses. The Flak 2.0 and Radar EV both have separate lenses for standard and Asia fit and different measurements while the Jawbreaker doesn't (same lenses, same measurements).

Sports frames will just have the bigger nose pieces installed for Asian fit. When you go to an O store and ask for a Asian fit Radarlock, all they're going to do is swap the nose piece for you. The flexibility of the sports frames allows the frame to adjust appropriately.

yes and no. Asian Fit pairs usually have separate SKU's, even if the difference is just a nosepiece for some.

The Radar and its Asian Fit counterpart are two different frames, it not just the nosepiece.

The Radar and its Asian Fit counterpart are two different frames, it not just the nosepiece.

You're right. When I went to trade in my old pair of Hijinx last week for a discount on EVs, the guy at the O store told me all sports frames are the same no matter what fit. Just nose pieces are different. He might've been a manager too. Yikes

bumping an old thread. Will a regular lens fit an AF Radar EV frame? Did anyone try this already?

The Radar EV lenses are not interchangeable between AF and Regular Fit frames. I've tried the swap, and unlike the Oakley Radarlock and Jawbreaker (the Asian Fit lenses are a NO GO for Regular Fit frames (and vice versa).

Back