• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Interesting
29d658708dee79354cc19ec817edbd36.jpg

They look like a cheap plastic version Malcolm X's sunglasses...which were raybans:eek::eek::eek:

hqdefault.jpg

the frogskins are already a cheap and flimsy pair so modifying it to make it even more cheap and flimsy does not make sense.

the frogskins are already a cheap and flimsy pair so modifying it to make it even more cheap and flimsy does not make sense.
You're internal exterior view is so conditioned and fortified by the idea that anything is plastic is considered '' cheap''. Your wrong. My frogskins faded green daily prizm feel sturdy and solid it does not feel cheap at all but the mattle black one does though the other one I own

Nah, Oakley has produced plastic frames that are built like tanks. The Frogskins aren't one of them. In fact the Frogskins were made with the intent of minimizing effort put into design, development and construction so as to as maximize profit. Hence the origin of the name.

Nah, Oakley has produced plastic frames that are built like tanks. The Frogskins aren't one of them. In fact the Frogskins were made with the intent of minimizing effort put into design, development and construction so as to as maximize profit. Hence the origin of the name.
Would love to hear the history on the origin of the name if that's what it was based on.

Would love to hear the history on the origin of the name if that's what it was based on.
Frogskins means money like dollar bills. When jim was starting to make production on the gen 1 back in the day he decided to call them frogskins as his money maker for better quality stuff like metals. The frame was just so successful it stuck around. Now this is what i read in a few areas here. If im mistaken ladies & gents please correct me.

Latest Posts

Back