• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley latch Prizm Sapphire Polarized OO9265-3253 - Side glare trouble

sundar

Oakley Beginner
HI , I am new to Oakley and this forum. I bought the Oakley latch Prizm Sapphire Polarized OO9265-3253 recently with so much expectation and love towards the brand. This was from my couple of month's savings.

When i wear these sunglasses, i experience a lens flare/glare on the right most or the left most end of the glasses when the sun is on my side with bright shine.

Is my glasses defective or is this how it behaves ? I am very much worried. I couldnt take a picture of it in a camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve noticed this on the latches with sapphire and ruby as well!

I think it’s because the frame is very flat on the front and the light comes in from the sides.

It should get better tho... or maybe I’m just used to it now 😂

I’ve noticed this on the latches with sapphire and ruby as well!

I think it’s because the frame is very flat on the front and the light comes in from the sides.

It should get better tho... or maybe I’m just used to it now 😂
Pardon my novice knowledge but how would it get better ?

Pardon my novice knowledge but how would it get better ?

I think you’ll eventually learn to ignore it. If not I’d maybe try Prizm black or grey. I have no issues with those at all.

I think from wearing them for so long I just got used to them. Hopefully that works or maybe try another lens option!

HI , I am new to Oakley and this forum. I bought the Oakley latch Prizm Sapphire Polarized OO9265-3253 recently with so much expectation and love towards the brand. This was from my couple of month's savings.

When i wear these sunglasses, i experience a lens flare/glare on the right most or the left most end of the glasses when the sun is on my side with bright shine.

Is my glasses defective or is this how it behaves ? I am very much worried. I couldnt take a picture of it in a camera.
If you’re inside of the return period, you could return them and try a different lens option. Alternately, you could try a different model altogether that has better side coverage.

If you’re outside of the return period, maybe you could buy different lenses and swap them in to see if you see a difference.

Back