• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley M Frame lenses and frame gens

cactapopalos

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I have acquired a number of different M Frame Lenses over the years, but have never been certain about which lenses would fit which frames. I had a pair of M Frame Pros which cracked, I think because I used a lens which was too big. I use that same lens in a pair of 'new gen' M frames (not sure of the standard name, but they are just like the Pros except with hinges) without any problems.

My first question is: which frames have the same lens slot size so that frames are interchangeable between them?
-For example, will 'gen 1' (with OAKLEY) and 'gen 2' (with an O) fit the same sized lenses?
-What about Pros?
-And what about 'new gen', do they fit a larger sized lens (as I found with mine)?

Secondly, please could people help me identify which gen these lenses are from, and therefore which frames they should be compatible with? Particularly, I want to know what frames would fit my Blue Iridium Heater (at the moment i'm guessing gen1, gen2 and Pro?), as I'd like to be able to use this lens. Is the only way to tell from the date etched on it?

Images should be attached, but I'll list them too (lenses that fit my 'new gen' frames are marked with an asterisk):

01: Blue Iridium Heater, date above nosepiece: 09-11-95
02: Red Iridium Sweep *, date at top of lens: 021510
03: Black (?) Iridium Strike, no date, just says above nosepiece: NT1
04: Black (?) Heater *, date above nosepiece: 120602
05: Brown (?) Vented Heater *, date at top of lens: 06-21-01
06: Light Pink (?) Vented Heater *, date at top of lens: 04-20-01
07: Black (?) Heater *, date above nosepiece: 100402

Thanks in advance!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg