• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Thank you everyone who replied to my questions. The replies were very helpful and I am closer to deciding which new sunglasses to get. This is such a great forum to learn first hand about a high quality product!

I tried the Prizm Road on a sunny day at about noon. Sun angle was about 56 degrees (the max is about 72 degrees here at noon in June or July). As soon as I put them on the outside environment got significantly brighter and at the same time got dimmer in a slight overall rose tint. Colors, particularly red, yellow and purple stood out.

Brighter and dimmer at the same time? A violation of the laws of physics? No, it appears to me that simply certain types of light were being filtered out and others enhanced. The lense was crystal clear and had no optical distortion. It was fun to look through and I could see how it could make one want to get out and spend time outdoors.

However this is not the lense for me. I was squinting when facing south (where the sun was). The lense lets in too much light for me. In addition the overall effect, the tuning if you will, seems to me to be too unnatural. Plus I do not particularly care for the rose tint. My search for suitable sunglasses continues but one thing is for certain - it will be an Oakley.

Perhaps you are in search of a multi purpose / daily lens instead.
Prizm road is more sport specific toward cycling and alike.

Perhaps you are in search of a multi purpose / daily lens instead.
Prizm road is more sport specific toward cycling and alike.

I will be mostly be using them for running and bicycling. I am leaning towards Fire Iridium. It looks like this will be suitable all day, in all conditions (other than very low light) and will provide good contrast, which is helpful particularly on the bicycle.

I will be mostly be using them for running and bicycling. I am leaning towards Fire Iridium. It looks like this will be suitable all day, in all conditions (other than very low light) and will provide good contrast, which is helpful particularly on the bicycle.
Personally I'm not huge on Fire. Has a bit of a green hue to it. Have you tried Positive Red Polarized? Similar in exterior color to Road Prizm but darker to look through.

Prizm road is specifically for road cycling...all prizm lenses are for specific purposes, different environment, versatile prizm lens in my opinion would be prizm field.

I would suggest PRIZM Deep Water, it achieves "similar" contrast to Road, but it is polarized & I don't find myself squinting when the sun is shining directly at me. Now, you have to take into account that DW is "fine tuned" for deep water fishing. But imo this lens can be utilized for multiple purposes. I don't think it's too much of a "rose" colored tint either. Could always try out Prizm Daily, or PRIZM Ruby which is a "daily" use lense tint. I love my Ruby Fade Jawbreakers and the color enhancement doesn't seem unnatural, at least for me.

Thank you everyone who replied to my questions. The replies were very helpful and I am closer to deciding which new sunglasses to get. This is such a great forum to learn first hand about a high quality product!

I tried the Prizm Road on a sunny day at about noon. Sun angle was about 56 degrees (the max is about 72 degrees here at noon in June or July).
186xyqd8bx60sgif.gif

Back