• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Razorblade

Boundary

Oakley Collector
France
Hello humans,

I have in my possession 2 pair of Razorblade my father gave me. As you can see on this pictures they are tired. I have some affinity with them and would like to repair/modify them.

The first one have an orange frame and some blue arms but one of them broke. The glass is also very damaged and the glue doesn't stick anymore.

tempImageciznRk.jpg
tempImageEXNvCP.jpg

It's getting hard to find replacement parts. Anybody knows a place reselling some ?

The second one is in way better condition. Mostly because they have transclear glass. Since I don't need this type of glass I would like to replace it by some polarized ones. I would like to know if you have any solution to remove the glue that sticks the glass in the frame. And again if you know a place to purchase glasses I would really appreciate.

tempImagedC4sSb.jpg

Thanks to people who will reply and give me some advices.

Bye

tempImageMRMG1f.jpg

Hello humans,

I have in my possession 2 pair of Razorblade my father gave me. As you can see on this pictures they are tired. I have some affinity with them and would like to repair/modify them.

The first one have an orange frame and some blue arms but one of them broke. The glass is also very damaged and the glue doesn't stick anymore.

View attachment 1075487 View attachment 1075489
It's getting hard to find replacement parts. Anybody knows a place reselling some ?

The second one is in way better condition. Mostly because they have transclear glass. Since I don't need this type of glass I would like to replace it by some polarized ones. I would like to know if you have any solution to remove the glue that sticks the glass in the frame. And again if you know a place to purchase glasses I would really appreciate.

View attachment 1075491

Thanks to people who will reply and give me some advices.

Bye

View attachment 1075488
New temples are fairly easy to find on sites like ebay. The challenge will be to get them installed without breaking then as they are pretty brittle.

As far as the second one, Oakley didn't glue the lenses in so that must have been done after the fact. The lenses were designed to be removable so you could easily swap them out.

If your looking to wear razor blades. Get some heritage edition. Vintage are to look at even then they crack. If your gonna put new arms on file the nubs down to make an angle so they slide on without opening much. I'd even file the lens some so the frame doesn't crack. If you want to sell that orange frame, when you meet the requirements message me

Back