• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Ruby Iridium vs Positive Red Iridium - Lens Question

I'm anxiously awaiting some positive red lenses for my Jawbone from up nort dere in Canadia from Oakster. positive red non-vented in a matte black frame, can't wait to see the final product!

@discodave, I thought Oakley did not make Ruby lenses for Flak Jacket or Half Jacket, are those custom cut? I've never seen any Ruby replacements before...

My two favorite lenses!
I do have a Wiretap and a Whisker with +Red that I really enjoy wearing. The Whisker frame is simply amazing!

Ruby however is my addiction...

Concerning protection against the sun I feel they're equivalent, it's pretty much choosing between blue and gray.
Ah, I also never heard of Rubies for Flak/Half-Jackets.

Hope it helps and let us know what you decide to buy. Pictures needed for your brothers here! :cool-20:

IMO +Red is a much nicer lens to look through than Ruby. Try on the two back to back, and you'll see what I mean.

Agree 100%. Ruby looks so cool, but when you look through it gives everything a nasty pale blue look, not pleasing to my eye.

Pos red on the other hand has very minimal contrast when you look through them and the amount of sunlight pos red blocks in comparison to ruby is not noticeably less imo.

I don't mind the slight color shift on my Ruby Iridium lenses on my Chainlinks since those are for casual wear. My next Racing Jacket lenses will be either +Red polarized or Prizm road racing lenses.

I have an eye condition which favours sky blue(as opposed to white) when reading - must be the reason for my love of Ruby!

@discodave, I thought Oakley did not make Ruby lenses for Flak Jacket or Half Jacket, are those custom cut? I've never seen any Ruby replacements before...
You are right, Ruby lenses were not made by Oakley for the Flak Jackets. However, last month two new Flak Jackets were released: Flak Jacket XLJ Matte Black with Polarized Sapphire lenses and the Flak Jacket XLJ Matte black with the Polarized Ruby lenses. They will be a Sunglass Hut exclusive for 90 days. Then you will also see them offered on the Oakley web site

Hi! I know it's impossible to know from looking at photos, but I would like your opinion on whether the lenses pictured look like Ruby Iridium or Positive Red Iridium. I have a pair of Planks with Rx lenses in them, just plain black Oakley lenses, and need progressive lenses in them. It's these photos that have inspired me to get the red
mirror look. Thanks for your help.
464004769-actress-krysten-ritter-attends-oakley-learn-gettyimages.jpg
464004759-actress-krysten-ritter-attends-oakley-learn-gettyimages.jpg
464004773-actress-krysten-ritter-attends-oakley-learn-gettyimages.jpg
krysten-ritter-yellowtail-cocktail-party-after-learning-to-ride-at-sundance.jpg

Back