• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OAKLEY SIZE Comparison

Expanding on this I'd love to see a Scalpel/Crankcase comparison. Thinking about letting my Crankcase go in favor of the unobtainium on the Scalpel but I'd like to know if they fit before buying lol.
The Scalpel is big, around the size of the Ten and Pitbull. The Crankcase, if memory serves, is quite a bit smaller.

To make a leap like that you'd need to try them on. Some people can carry a wide range of sizes on their face, some people can't.

The crankcase have a tighter wrap and feel more snug then the scalpel. The ear stems on the Crankcase are obviously wider as well, which makes them feel like the have a tighter fit. Scalpels are very comfortable and the orbital is larger then the Crankcase. I would snap a comparison pic but I sold my Scalpel last Fall.

The trouble will be finding a Scalpel locally to try. The Crankcase fit is a little snug on me but I feel like they put a little too much pressure on the bridge of my nose if I wear them all day, which I usually do. The frame wraps tightly around my head but not uncomfortably, and the arms touch my head pretty much from the temples back. I'm wanting to try something a little bigger and I've been looking at Pit Bulls too, I'm just impatient and want to buy them online before I get a chance to go try some on.

I do remember the Eye Patch 2 being hilariously too big for my head and face though.

I do remember the Eye Patch 2 being hilariously too big for my head and face though.
The Eyepatch is a bit flatter and squared off, it will fit and appear bigger than it is.

It's always a chance when you buy without trying a frame on, especially since Oakley varies so many factors from frame to frame. Rake, temple width, wrap, nose width, height, etc.

here's my share
splice , jupiter and fuel cell

fuel cell is about 2mm wider than the splice and 4-6mm wider than jupiter squared

fuel cell size: 60-19
jupiter squared 58-18 (if i remember it correctly)
1174F919-722A-41EA-8F3F-B53230BB21E1-303-00000005AA5C91DC_zps24b23125.jpg

It's weird. The Batwolves looks larger than the FC's but when I tried them on, the BF's were tighter specially on the cheeks.

If someone has a detailed picture, I'd like to see comparison of the ff:
Batwolf, Fuel Cell, Dispatch 1 & 2, Eyepatch 2, Frogskins, Holbrooks, Offshoot and Big Taco. Thanks!

The sizing rig is a go.

8" x 10" base, two 6" tall walls. All with 1cm grids.

Should have it done in a week or so depending on how much free time my brother has. He works for a company that has CNC routing for wood and plastic and throws a lot of scrap Lexan away.

The trouble will be finding a Scalpel locally to try. The Crankcase fit is a little snug on me but I feel like they put a little too much pressure on the bridge of my nose if I wear them all day, which I usually do. The frame wraps tightly around my head but not uncomfortably, and the arms touch my head pretty much from the temples back. I'm wanting to try something a little bigger and I've been looking at Pit Bulls too, I'm just impatient and want to buy them online before I get a chance to go try some on.

Buy the pittbull, you won't regret it. They were my first pair of oakley's and i now own four pairs. They have great rap and sun coverage and are super comfortable.

Here's a look at some of the radar and m frames that I own. All of them actually on my face so you can see how the m-frames have more coverage from the nose bridge up, I also feel like it gives you a better representation of what they might look like on your face.

I've gone largest to smallest with what I have

M-frame Heater
tumblr_mlmwm1OsDj1rbptugo1_1280.jpg

Radar Range
tumblr_mlmwm1OsDj1rbptugo2_1280.jpg

Radarlock Pitch
tumblr_mlmwm1OsDj1rbptugo3_1280.jpg

M-Frame Sweep
tumblr_mlmwm1OsDj1rbptugo4_1280.jpg

Radarlock Path
tumblr_mlmwm1OsDj1rbptugo5_1280.jpg

I'm really disappointed that there is no range size lens option for the radarlock frame, it is my favorite lens size out of the whole sports range!

Thanks for the pics, s3sunruh! They will help a lot! I had the M-Frame sweep before and that one was perfect for me sizewise. Now I know that radars are a little bit wider because I'm thinking of getting a pair.

Latest Posts

Back