• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Warranty Shipping Question

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
I ordered a set of the OO BIP lenses from Oakley warranty and they came in the mail today. What surprised me was that the lenses weren't in a lens box as usual. It was just the shipping box, receipt and foam bag with lenses. The foam bag wasn't sealed to prevent the lenses slipping out either, which I would've been okay with if there was no box. But to pay $95 for the lenses and have the lenses potentially come out of the bag during transit seems a little lackadaisical to me. I dunno, it just seems like something a place like Sunglass Hut would do and not Oakley.

Granted the foam bags are pretty good at holding and protecting the lenses inside but still, an opening in the bag is an opening in the bag. It's not a huge issue or anything but I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else?

DSC_0001-4.jpg

Never had a pair of lenses shipped like that to me. The last pair I got from them came in the lens box which was in a box of similar size to the one you got. A bit of sticky tape to hold the flap on the foam bag down wouldn't have gone a miss though.

Never had a pair of lenses shipped like that to me. The last pair I got from them came in the lens box which was in a box of similar size to the one you got. A bit of sticky tape to hold the flap on the foam bag down wouldn't have gone a miss though.
Right, all the previous orders I've made came with a lens/accessory box. This is the first time this has happened to me and I'm wondering if it has happened to anyone before or if it's just an abnormality.

When I had Rx lenses put in my Hatchets a while back, they packed the original lenses in the foam. Not classy, but it protected them well enough. I believe it was taped closed at that time, though, so that made a difference. Perhaps they were strong-armed by luxottica into dispensing with tape? :)

When I had Rx lenses put in my Hatchets a while back, they packed the original lenses in the foam. Not classy, but it protected them well enough. I believe it was taped closed at that time, though, so that made a difference. Perhaps they were strong-armed by luxottica into dispensing with tape? :)
Perhaps. Cost cutting and all, you know. Or just the Sunglass Hut division giving them ideas. ;)

Got the same lenses in today thanks to your info! Mine were packed the exact same way. Now to drop them in my polished carbon frame.

zyzasuva.jpg

haha and cheaped out on those awesome lens microfiber bags! sad, that was the best part about getting lenses straight from oakley
I've only had two instances of getting those awesome lens microbags. The majority come with those foam bags from my experience.