• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Whiskers vs Conductor 8

ashpa

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

What are the main difference between the new Whisker and Conductor 8 sunglasses? It seems the 8 is slightly bigger. Is that all? Do both fit same head size? Or Conductor 8 is for bigger heads?

Thanks

Having owned both and having a larger head, I feel the 2020 whiskers flex and fit a bit wider heads, but the lenses aren’t as tall. The whiskers really have a design nod back to early wires such as the a-wire and of course the original whisker. While they seem like a small set of wires, with a few adjustments I do think they can fit well on a larger head size.

The conductor 8 fits a bit smaller in my opinion, while the lenses are a bit taller. Their measurements are very similar to the Whiskers, however the conductor 8’s have a more ‘generic’ look while the whiskers have a more unique ‘oakley‘ look.

The ejectors technically have lenses that are actually more narrow then the whiskers, however they are taller and have a 6-base lens curve so they seem like they fit better on larger heads (the Ejectors are very similar to the conductor 6). All are really nice glasses, but are uniquely different. Might need to either go to an O-store and try them all on, or order a couple of them and see which one fits you better.

Thanks for the detailed response. I have a small head (maybe medium?). Whisker fit me nice, but slightly taller lenses might be nice (Hoslton for instance were too tall for me)

They will probably fit you very similar. Conductors cost more (you get a case with them). I don’t remember if the conductors came with prizm lens either?? I think you will be happy either way you go, I know I am happy with my Whiskers.

Yeah, that is exactly the thing. I've tried the new whiskers and they fit me great. Also the Prism Palaroid lenses are nice.

Conductor cost extra, and I'm not sure if it is worth it. I'll guess I'll have to go to the (not so close) Oakley store or something

I think their fit is almost identical (Oakley might’ve even intentionally released the whiskers to replace the conductor 8). That’s the other thing too, if the conductor 8’s get discontinued it might be harder to handle any warranty claims (it seems to be already difficult enough without worrying about a discontinued frame too). I’d probably just get the whisker but everybody’s preference is different. I am sure you will rock whatever you end up with!

Didn't know Conductor 8 is about to be discontinued. That's a good point about the warranty.

Whisker and lenses are super great, Ideally (maybe just being too nit about it), if it was just a tad taller it would have been perfect for me

Latest Posts

Back