• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Sliver Stealth vs. Oakley Sliver Asian Fit: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

V1P3R_Z029

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone,
So I first discovered a pair of Oakley Sliver sunglasses waaay back in Feb 2020 tried on the 'Asian Fit', which I'm still on the fence whether if it's too small or not for my face size (pic below as reference).

Anyways, I've sorta finally decided to purchase a pair this year. But it seems somewhat uncommon to find now i.e less choice and limited online stores. However, apparently there's another pair called the Oakley Sliver Stealth, which apparently shares the same size dimensions as the Asian Fit (?)

What's the difference between the two?

Gonna need some input to solve this case... 🔍🧐

Thanks all!

These are the Oakley Sliver Asian Fit I first discovered & tried out at the shop in 2020.
Oakley Sliver size details_20200222.jpgOakley Sliver AF tryon_20200222.jpg

Cheers everyone!

So the pair your holding in the first picture is a standard Sliver Stealth. (OO9408). The Asian fit Sliver Stealth is sku (OO9409).

Oakley makes subtle changes from standard to Asian fit to accommodate face structure. In some cases, it's as simple as a nose pad change like in the evzero. In others it can be changed to the frame and lense shape, like in some radars.

My guess, being that's its a full frame with a molded nose piece, is that at minimum they narrowed the nose bridge to raise the frame higher. Other than that, I can't say.

So the pair your holding in the first picture is a standard Sliver Stealth. (OO9408). The Asian fit Sliver Stealth is sku (OO9409).

Oakley makes subtle changes from standard to Asian fit to accommodate face structure. In some cases, it's as simple as a nose pad change like in the evzero. In others it can be changed to the frame and lense shape, like in some radars.

My guess, being that's its a full frame with a molded nose piece, is that at minimum they narrowed the nose bridge to raise the frame higher. Other than that, I can't say.

Thanks for pointing that out based on the SKU code. 💯
Ohhhh so then that whole time I was actually trying on the standard Oakley Sliver Stealth after all. 😅 However the shopkeeper did mention it was 'Asian Fit' (i.e smaller fit)... he/she could've been misinformed.
So then Asian Fit Sliver Stealth could be potentially smaller than the non-Asian fit?

Thanks for pointing that out based on the SKU code. 💯
Ohhhh so then that whole time I was actually trying on the standard Oakley Sliver Stealth after all. 😅 However the shopkeeper did mention it was 'Asian Fit' (i.e smaller fit)... he/she could've been misinformed.
So then Asian Fit Sliver Stealth could be potentially smaller than the non-Asian fit?
Potentially yes. Oakley had the two lenses listed separately, so the difference in the frame (height, width) is big enough to warrant a unique lens.

Back