• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Oakley x Macallan flask

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
There is also one in NYC...
Also out of curiosity was the one in NY complete and what's the price on it?

Some people reacted to this post.
YES, complete and I believe its $2,400 at an actual liquor store

The flask itself sold for $900 when released and quickly sold out, probably to Oakley collectors. The complete set sold to the liquor stores for $1500, that came with a bottle of 22 year old Scotch. $600 for that age of Macallan is about right. The Liquor itself was limited to 400 bottles so I would imagine that there are a good amount over 400 flasks out there. There are a good amount of scotch collectors out there so they were the ones buying up the complete sets. My local liquor store sold their allotment before they arrived for $2,200 so I thought I missed out. I was lucky enough to find a complete set in Beverly Hills for a good price. I would recommend calling specialty liquor stores in areas like that, you may get lucky but its been awhile. I can tell you that the complete set box is huge, not really conducive to shipping. I can also tell you that the flask itself is sweet and in my opinion worth every penny! I had to burry the actual bottle deep in my bar so it does not get consumed my mistake :)! Good luck!

You considered selling yours at one point didn't you @hkwinger? I think I remember PMing you about it and you were telling me about the shipping being ridiculous.

I did consider selling it locally since I don't collect scotch and a buddy offered me his flask only in trade. I never wanted to ship it because of its size and how fragile the bottle is. I did get offers for just the bottle but I did not want to break the set. I decided to keep the scotch, even though it just sits behind the bar, it is still very cool.

Username Hidden said:
The flask itself sold for $900 when released and quickly sold out, probably to Oakley collectors. The complete set sold to the liquor stores for $1500, that came with a bottle of 22 year old Scotch. $600 for that age of Macallan is about right. The Liquor itself was limited to 400 bottles so I would imagine that there are a good amount over 400 flasks out there. There are a good amount of scotch collectors out there so they were the ones buying up the complete sets. My local liquor store sold their allotment before they arrived for $2,200 so I thought I missed out. I was lucky enough to find a complete set in Beverly Hills for a good price. I would recommend calling specialty liquor stores in areas like that, you may get lucky but its been awhile. I can tell you that the complete set box is huge, not really conducive to shipping. I can also tell you that the flask itself is sweet and in my opinion worth every penny! I had to burry the actual bottle deep in my bar so it does not get consumed my mistake :)! Good luck!

Production numbers in the link below....you'll have to copy/paste the link into a new browser for it to work here....

Oakley and The Macallan Team Up to Design "The Flask"

Back