• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OCP Frogskins

jonoyong said:
so no jade just emerald? i can live with that! ha!

The other way around. No emerald, just jade. But emerald will be coming in the Acid Tort as we all know.

This is getting way to confusing...we've seen the info change between about ten people and twenty different stories. I'm just suggesting here that since some stores already have some of the inventory, we just wait and see for ourselves..

Like I said guys my bad :X EVERYTHING else I posted is in my retail system! The lenses and frames. Even my OCP touch computer at my store has not added Frogskins to it, for customers to visually build there glasses. Updated yesterday

Still excited for this!! Can't wait!
Do you have SKUs for the frames? :)

I agree, it's the flood on to the market that is the problem. In April we'll have the OCP and Fire/Ice, in May we'll have the Rossi's and around then or maybe a little later the Acid Tortoise. Nobody knows when the new Koston or Jolly Roger/Old Glory will be coming out but it's not far off supposedly. That's close to 20 news frames just dumped on the market, even though the Acids, Blacklights, and re-release are still widely available. In total there's got to be 40 different kinds of Frogskins model available in a few months, it's too much for any market to handle effectively. Supply and demand, the simple basics of economics, and there is now way too much supply. Oakley are the creators of their own demise, they keep flooding the market and then causing their own supply to go on discount. Duh!

It's likely that an increase in demand for the Frogskins that caused them to flood the supply, not the other way around. Although they do have to discount them, they could actually make more money due to the increase in sales because of the discount. Especially when you look at the demographic of people who buy Frogskins (I'm assuming) they're mostly either collectors, or teenagers/college students. Teenagers and college students are much more likely to buy them if they're discounted, and I'm sure there's more of them then there are collectors. From a business standpoint, it makes sense, though it does somewhat undermine the Oakley idea that they are priced high because they're an excellent product. That's just my 2 cents.

Sweet Matte white and rootbeer as well.... Anyone know what the pricing will be like?

Probably similar to how other OCP model work - regular retail + ~$20?