• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Official Chit-Chat Thread

So apparently my daughter is a Squierrel Whisperer hahaha !!!

She caught this orphaned squierrel that had no idea how evil and effed up human kind is, but she knew she couldn't keep it...

She played with it and cared for it for about 3 hours Friday afternoon...

Well, before Mayra left grandma's house with the kids, my daughter left the squirrel in the grass, cried and said her goodbyes to her new BFF...

Well, as they were driving away, they saw a cat jump on it...all hell broke loose, daughter was screaming bloody murder, wife slammed on her brakes, put the car in park and ran back to the yard, both kids running behind her

As she was doing this, grandma came running outside to rescue the squirrel and stopped the cat from ripping this squirrel to shreds...

Squirrel wasn't moving and it was breathing weird...wife is now crying alongside my daughter like a dramatic movie scene..

All of a sudden, the freaking squirrel sprang up in the palms of my wife's hands, did a couple of 360 spins and was like "WHAT IN THE EFF JUST HAPPENED IN MY LIFE !?!?"

So they brought the squirrel home Friday night...Squirrel slept on my daughter's stomach all night...

Saturday morning we took the squirrel, now named Correy, to the Wildlife Center of Texas...

View attachment 339383 View attachment 339384 View attachment 339385 View attachment 339386 View attachment 339387 View attachment 339388 View attachment 339389 View attachment 339390
Dude squirrels make great pets. I had one that went everywhere with me.

Dude squirrels make great pets. I had one that went everywhere with me.
We researched and researched and decided that it would be a bit difficult to keep, especially with 3 pitbulls in the house...

I know a cage is definitely needed, but they're messy and leave crap everywhere...

They chew on everything and if they climb on you, they treat your skin like tree bark (their nails are strong and sharp enough to penetrate tree bark)...

We passed, but it *did* cross our mind overnight and throughout the morning...

I guess the "mistake" we made was allowing my son and daughter to do research on their own to see how to keep and care for a squirrel...

Aside from them being messy and not caring out accidental bites and scratching you up, they read the part where it's illegal to own a squirrel that didn't come from an actual squirrel breeder...

So, we did the responsible thing, as a family, and dropped Correy off at the Wildlife Center...

Daughter was happy that Correy was going to grow up into a nice young lady and have a family of her own...

It was a great experience disguised as a teaching tool :)

Yeah they are a mess and dogs will definitely irritate them.

I had a hedgehog once when I was a kid. It's was cool but not cuddly. Get them some of the SI gloves and you should be ok!

Yeah they are a mess and dogs will definitely irritate them.

I had a hedgehog once when I was a kid. It's was cool but not cuddly. Get them some of the SI gloves and you should be ok!
Reading up on Sugar Gliders right now...

Dude, they're amazing, but again, we already have 3 pitbulls hahaha !!!

Here's one now lol

IMG_4824.JPG

Reading up on Sugar Gliders right now...

Dude, they're amazing, but again, we already have 3 pitbulls hahaha !!!

Here's one now lol

View attachment 339425

My 7 year old has been researching sugar gliders for the last year and a half,
298b8028dd126b7ab2bdd7c1777c0e3f.jpg

ever since we saw one at the fair. She has been saving up every dollar she gets for this dam sugar glider... cute, but seems hectic... and nocturnal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back