• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

◇◇◇◇OFFICIAL NFL 2019 THREAD◇◇◇◇

Some are sold a bucket of lies and are unable to escape with no resources. Some of their minds are so warped, they can't tell right from wrong.

Sent from my NOTE NINE using Tapatalk

Apparently Robert Kraft is turned on by that

Robbie Gould (49ers kicker) is the first player to get tagged. It is a non-exclusive tag, meaning the 49ers can match any offer another team may give.

If he signs it, it is a guaranteed $5M

Yes, you are correct as well. There are a lot of levels to this problem.
There sure are a lot of levels, complex ones, to this problem. I am still trying to sort through all this. I honestly have never given much thought to this subject until now.

I get what @"TRUMP" said about a "young oriental girl in a place like this", but, again, aside from the illegal part of this, how many are doing this of their own freewill and how many are forced?

Should we assume that "ALL" are? Maybe. Would that stop the trafficking if we shut all these places down? I'm not sure. So many questions I have I would like to find answers for...... I doubt I will find the answers I seek.

For the record, I'm not in support of prostitution where it is illegal. For many reasons...... 1. It's ILLEGAL 2. I believe it enables trafficking and allows to easily for minors to be involved ...... just for starters.

Aside from whether you agree with the morale/ethical/religious issue of paying for sex, if it were legalized and controlled, would that solve the involvement of trafficking and the forcing of individuals to be involved? Would it eliminate minors from being involved?

Most likely not but, what if it legalizing it meant that it would reduce the number of trafficked/forced/underaged individuals involved in this "industry" by 50%? Would that difference be enough to legalize it?

There sure are a lot of levels, complex ones, to this problem. I am still trying to sort through all this. I honestly have never given much thought to this subject until now.

I get what @"TRUMP" said about a "young oriental girl in a place like this", but, again, aside from the illegal part of this, how many are doing this of their own freewill and how many are forced?

Should we assume that "ALL" are? Maybe. Would that stop the trafficking if we shut all these places down? I'm not sure. So many questions I have I would like to find answers for...... I doubt I will find the answers I seek.

For the record, I'm not in support of prostitution where it is illegal. For many reasons...... 1. It's ILLEGAL 2. I believe it enables trafficking and allows to easily for minors to be involved ...... just for starters.

Aside from whether you agree with the morale/ethical/religious issue of paying for sex, if it were legalized and controlled, would that solve the involvement of trafficking and the forcing of individuals to be involved? Would it eliminate minors from being involved?

Most likely not but, what if it legalizing it meant that it would reduce the number of trafficked/forced/underaged individuals involved in this "industry" by 50%? Would that difference be enough to legalize it?

The fact that robert kraft has released a statement denying the allegations instead of apologizing tells us everything we need to know

I've looked everywhere for that statement and I can't find it. Do you know what media source quoted it? Google is not being helpful
Never mind..... I found the statement his lawyers made......

“We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity. Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further.”

So I did a little digging because I wanted to know why he would say that statement.

Here is what I found (no I'm not aspiring to be a lawyer or defend RK)

Factual Versus Legal Guilt
The key is the difference between factual guilt (what the defendant actually did) and legal guilt (what a prosecutor can prove). A good criminal defense lawyer asks not, “Did my client do it?” but rather, “Can the government prove that my client did it?” No matter what the defendant has done, he is not legally guilty until a prosecutor offers enough evidence to persuade a judge or jury to convict.

However, the defense lawyer may not lie to the judge or jury by specifically stating that the defendant did not do something the lawyer knows the defendant did do. (On the other hand, the lawyer cannot admit guilt against the client's wishes.) Rather, the lawyer’s trial tactics and arguments must focus on the government’s failure to prove all the elements of the crime.

So this tells me that when you hire a lawyer to defend you, it would stand to reason, a good defense lawyer would advise you to make a statement that you deny doing anything illegal (whether you did or not). Their job is to make the prosecution prove you did it. Lets face it, how many people that are charged with doing something illegal stand up right away and say "YUP..... I did that". I don't know any regardless of what they did.

It would seem to be the legal process has this "dance" that never starts with the accused admitting anything.

Here is the dance:

Get Accused....... Deny ......... Hope Your Lawyer Is A Better Dancer Than The Prosecution ......

IF NOT: ....... Apologize And Take Your Medicine
IF YES: ....... Make Up Something That Sounds Like An Apology But Focuses More On How You
Were A Victim

I don't know how many "Accused" look at the morale issue behind their crime. Their counsel just focuses on facts until a verdict is determined....... then the dance turns to addressing the morale issue.

Let me ask this...... if you were RK ...... would you say that you were guilty and apologize?

For a moment...... lets not go down the road of "I would never do such a thing, so I wouldn't have to deny"

Again, I am not defending RK I'm merely trying to look at the legal aspect of why he would "DENY". I have completely separated the legal portion from the the morale portion of this issue

Exactly. And the more money you have the better lawyer you can get and the more charges will most likely be dropped.

If they don’t have him on tape soliciting anything then he will get off. Just because the court of public opinion says he probably did something doesn’t mean anything without actual proof!!!!

Exactly. And the more money you have the better lawyer you can get and the more charges will most likely be dropped.

If they don’t have him on tape soliciting anything then he will get off. Just because the court of public opinion says he probably did something doesn’t mean anything without actual proof!!!!
Supposedly they do have him on tape. We won't know for sure unless this goes to trial and if I were a betting man, he will do anything to make sure if there is video/audio evidence, it will never see public eyes. My guess is, this case eventually goes away in some sort of plea and fine and half ass apology.

What would I like to see....... the TRUTH and justice served based on that

Latest Posts

Back