• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OG RX Eye Jacket replacement?

benmc2000

Oakley Beginner
Hi All

I have a pair of RX Eye Jackets that are probably 10+ years old that I need to replace :-(

Looks like the Eye Jacket Redux is the closest thing they have today but I don't seem to be able to get the Positive Red Mirrored Iridium Lens in RX?

Also, is it possible to replace the lens in my old Eye Jackets or is that just too risky?

Thanks
Ben

Oakley won't be able to get RX lenses for the OG eye jackets, you would have to go somewhere else. The eye jacket Redux is a good choice. As far as positive red goes, It is still an option to be made in RX and is available on Oakley.com. Prizm road is also a good option, which looks very similar and gives you more contrast. If you have an O store near you that has an Optician, you can go in to try the frames and they can run through all the options with you and order the lenses.

O Bro - Thanks, started digging around and found Positive Red Iridium with Anti-Reflective lens are available, looks like the name has slightly changed

Crap - I tried to place an order direct with Oakley and they rejected due to the prescription and gave no explanation.

Can anyone help explain whats going on here - My latest RX prescription is below

Sphere -3.25 and -2.75
Cylinder -0.75 and -0.50
Axis 15 and 125

Add +0.75 and +0.75
Dist PD 30/30.5

Notes : Individual DC, Trivex, Dvpl

Thanks
Ben

I bet your RX is too high. The right at -4.00 total power (sph and cyl added together) probably killed it.

Which version of eye jacket do you already own. Probably risky with how old that stuff is to fill with an rx.

I bet your RX is too high. The right at -4.00 total power (sph and cyl added together) probably killed it.

Which version of eye jacket do you already own. Probably risky with how old that stuff is to fill with an rx.
:-( this was for the new eye jacket redux, not trying to fit into the old frames

Latest Posts

Back