• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oh Greta darling..... could you please take a look at this

And that is why Greta (and her gang) is a hypocrite... she never goes to asia, africa and the middle east to preach and scold.

Only preaches in the western world and she only rages against western leaders.

She is Swedish, so of course she will never go there, too afraid to be called a racist..... the sad truth :-(
You're spot on with this. The other reason is that those areas either have little money to redistribute or they aren't friendly regimes politically and won't tolerate that silliness.

I'm not saying that the civilized parts shouldn't be doing their part and setting the example. I'm saying that until totalitarian regimes like China with nearly 1.5 billion in population do better, its truly a drop in the bucket!

The US has done away with plastic straws in most areas that are close to water. It doesn't truly matter because the US was responsible for a small percentage of the plastic straw waste that ends up in the oceans. The Asian region is the largest contributor to that, by far!!

Doing stupid stuff isn't any better just because other people are doing it too.. ;)

And that is why Greta (and her gang) is a hypocrite... she never goes to asia, africa and the middle east to preach and scold.

Only preaches in the western world and she only rages against western leaders.

She is Swedish, so of course she will never go there, too afraid to be called a racist..... the sad truth :-(
Dunno about that, man... it's only been 16 months since she started her environment advocacy journey and she's only 17 years old. She has probably learned a lot about how the world works in this time frame but she has a lot more to learn, after all, she hasn't even finished her high school studies. Maybe she starts traveling to these third world countries when she gets enough funding and support, who knows? And it's quite laudable she's on this path cause most people her age are just concerned with getting drunk and high and twerking or whatever fad is on atm.

And let's face it, the first world countries are the ones who really have the financial capacity to fund the development and implementation of green technologies but most still don't do that due to political reasons and the greed of a few who control the most assets. While this keeps going, I'm sure there won't be much of a change really.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that the civilized parts shouldn't be doing their part and setting the example. I'm saying that until totalitarian regimes like China with nearly 1.5 billion in population do better, its truly a drop in the bucket!

The US has done away with plastic straws in most areas that are close to water. It doesn't truly matter because the US was responsible for a small percentage of the plastic straw waste that ends up in the oceans. The Asian region is the largest contributor to that, by far!!
I agree that China should be doing much better as they hold 1/3 of the world's population but you know that the great majority of the western brands' products are made there right? So, who's fueling their pollution in the end?

And US is still the second biggest polluter... may have curbed its plastic waste but still emits massive amounts of CO2 to the stratosphere. Hopefully that will change now that the electric cars are becoming more popular and affordable.

This type of garbage dumping is a complex problem that is not easily solved. The “uncivilized” nations dumping of their own garbage into rivers and oceans is one issue but the other issue is the “civilized” nations dumping of garbage onto third world counties. A lot of countries dump their garbage onto countries like Malaysia, Philippines and others and expect them to take care of it when they do not have the infrastructure to deal with it.

One of the stories that made headlines in the world recently is the Canada-Philippines waste dispute. Canada sent dozens of containers of waste to be recycled, but it turned out to non-recyclable items at all and turned out to be garbage like used diapers. When the Philippines found out they forced Canada to take the garbage back. You think it would be a quick process after Canada admitted illegally sending garage there, but it took years of legal wrangling and millions of dollars on both ends for the garbage to arrive back in Canada. This happens all the time but many countries do not want the legal hassle and just dump the garbage somewhere.

This type of garbage dumping is a complex problem that is not easily solved. The “uncivilized” nations dumping of their own garbage into rivers and oceans is one issue but the other issue is the “civilized” nations dumping of garbage onto third world counties. A lot of countries dump their garbage onto countries like Malaysia, Philippines and others and expect them to take care of it when they do not have the infrastructure to deal with it.

One of the stories that made headlines in the world recently is the Canada-Philippines waste dispute. Canada sent dozens of containers of waste to be recycled, but it turned out to non-recyclable items at all and turned out to be garbage like used diapers. When the Philippines found out they forced Canada to take the garbage back. You think it would be a quick process after Canada admitted illegally sending garage there, but it took years of legal wrangling and millions of dollars on both ends for the garbage to arrive back in Canada. This happens all the time but many countries do not want the legal hassle and just dump the garbage somewhere.

This is interesting. I feel PA is the dump for NYC...(I have no proof, just rumors I heard as a kid :) )

That's true!
Australia is also doing this shady sh!t to Philippines and Malaysia (and who knows where else?)... From what I heard last year, they had an agreement on the amount and type of plastic waste that would be sent there and since Australia didn't honor on its end, they were forced to send it back...

Here's some reports on what some "civilized" countries are doing, in chronological order of release:

From the writings on the Video it looks like Cambodia.
I have just spend 2 weeks in Cambodia and it is almost everywhere you go the same.
Piles of garbage.
The People there are super nice and friendly but live on the absolut min.
So if you life day by day some thing are not important.
To me it felt like the country had no government organized garbage disposal system.
But be honest.
Damn Spell Check.
Are Landfills in civilized Countries much better?

That's true!
Australia is also doing this shady sh!t to Philippines and Malaysia (and who knows where else?)... From what I heard last year, they had an agreement on the amount and type of plastic waste that would be sent there and since Australia didn't honor on its end, they were forced to send it back...

Here's some reports on what some "civilized" countries are doing, in chronological order of release:

Selling Garbage to third world countries is also a common practice in Europe.
Selling toxic Waste from West Germany to East Germany was also a standard practice for decades.
East Germany just dug a hole and buried it.
So much for civilized Countries.

Doing stupid stuff isn't any better just because other people are doing it too.. ;)
Again, I never said they shouldn't do it. I'm just pointing out the fallacy of the situation. The modern more civilized nations definitely shouldn't be footing the bill for global initiatives for this precise reason. It all ends up a massive tax and redistribution of wealth.