• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Olympic Gold Medal Frogskins?

IMG_5572.JPG
Legit? Where do these fall into the top 50 rarest? I wonder why they wouldn't name which medalist it was given to?

OAKLEY FROGSKINS GOLD 24K GOLD IRIDIUM RIO OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL WINNER
I actually have all three pairs I just acquired Gold, Silver and Bronz not sure how rare these are as a set, or what they may be worth as a set. I also have the lime green and white jawbreaker prizm Road pair.

They're brand new from Rio Olympics ... I'd be wary about these frames like these without some kinds of Certificate of Authenticity ...

We've already seen the bags for sale online and you can get custom etches from certain 'artists' out there...

That being said ... these look quite legit!
I have all three pairs I just acquired from Manufacturer and they are legit. Not sure what they are worth as a set though?

IMG_5572.JPG

I have all three pairs I just acquired from Manufacturer and they are legit. Not sure what they are worth as a set though?

View attachment 313949
Alot dude... like 3k for the set if not more. The gold one sold on its own last week for like 1700 I believe... but a close friend of mine grabbed all 3 for 1500. That's just sher luck... If you were to sell to a serious collector I'd say fair is 3k-4k is about where the 3 should be.

Imagine this. They would have made at least 100+ per color (they would have had to). Each Olympian on the Oakley team was given their color of metal when they won. There were a lot of winners. Plus there were teams that won as well (a rowing team with 6).. I've also heard the coaches received them too. My buddy got his from someone who helped at the Olympics (not a Olympic winner)..they aquired them all. Apparently the seller traded for some memerobilia. So Oakley probably had/has a few kicking around. Anyway that is absolutely sick. Your Def a lucky collector. Thank you for sharing

Imagine this. They would have made at least 100+ per color (they would have had to). Each Olympian on the Oakley team was given their color of metal when they won. There were a lot of winners. Plus there were teams that won as well (a rowing team with 6).. I've also heard the coaches received them too. My buddy got his from someone who helped at the Olympics (not a Olympic winner)..they aquired them all. Apparently the seller traded for some memerobilia. So Oakley probably had/has a few kicking around. Anyway that is absolutely sick. Your Def a lucky collector. Thank you for sharing

Thanks for the heads up on these cool aquisitions. I was shocked to hear that the Gold pair alone sold for 2200.

They've dropped drastically since my posts.. tons have surfaced now.. definitely should have gotten rid of them back then
I’m not in need to sell them. Someone just asked about buying a set on this site, but I couldn’t leave him a message as I am not on this site to often and I am not interested in paying the site to reply to a member.

Latest Posts

Back