• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Original eye jackets vs eye jacket redux

TimV30

Oakley Beginner
So I have a pair of the original eye jacket 1.0 that have seen better days. I still wear them daily because I love them to death. Lately I have been looking at the eye jacket redux because they are the closest to what I have. Is there anyone here who has both and can help me with a comparison of the two?

If you want an original EJ, there's tons out there for sale. Just make sure you get a (new) Eye Jacket and not the very first gens as they are much less likely to break due to the newer o-matter. Are you looking for a particular colorway?

Me personally, I think the Redux's are hideous

Yeah. The cobalt blue/red. Or Planet X in the redux. I’m just paranoid about breaking them again because of how old they are.

Thank you. I will have to keep looking. The blue ones are not very common from what I have seen for sale. But mine will hold out until I find something.

Stick around on the forum. You need 15 posts and have your account for 14 days to be able to access the exchange or you can bypass the above mentioned requirements and get a premium account. Once you can post in the exchange, make a wanting-to-buy thread and post what you're looking for. I'm sure someone here is willing to part w a cobalt/+red one.

I plan on sticking around. I just got sticker shock. I found the pair I have locally for I kid you not 10.00 because they were old and vintage.

Back