• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny Replacement lenses

Here's an image looking at the top curve profile from an original fire iridium (left) to the OTE custom cut ruby iridium's (right) - as you can see there is a difference:
upload_2016-6-14_16-10-59.png

Hi all, well mine finally arrived and can you believe it I purchased them form seller, trixie26te. I didn't think they were too bad, but I'm no expert and value Chris's opinion.
Sorry Chris I didn't realise you cut lenses - if you offer this service I'll come to you in the future?
For those of you who are interested - I purchased 2 sets of Juliet's and a set of Penny's...

View attachment 256815

View attachment 256816
Ya know. There is also a cutter in Florida and it's @xmetalmaniac He could visit trixie for ya and do a special service "cut". :hi:

To be honest, I think they're okay! I don't know what the donor lenses would have been, but they are a very deep red and look great in an X Metal frame.
Thanks for the explanation re 'base curve' -you're right they were definitely more of a tighter fit. I'll try fitting them to into a pair of early 1st gen X Metals later as I understand the frame orbitals were slightly smaller.

The only reason I doubt he is using turbine is because his selling price is so low. I think he might use whatever donors he can find cheaply perhaps gas cans or fuel cell? Also not including the box tells me they may be scalped from RX frames, or New Old Stock. Although turbine would offer a better fit so that could be the case. It's all speculation at this point.

Latest Posts

Back