• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Petterson Frogskins

how he painted them, i'm not sure. but i sure as hell never wear these out. they are the crown jewel of my completed artist series range..so sadly, they never see the light of day.

just be wary. i have personally seen someone from m'sia on FB, who does "customs" and what he does is basically copy the tater designs onto the frogs. down to the tater signature numbering. the copycat style is almost like for like. that's the bummer.

There are actually a handful of "artists" creating replicas of the andrew peterson frogskin. The hand painted nature of petterson frogskin works against it in this case since there is only a small number of reference picture and that makes it difficult to tell if one is real or not.

I'm surprised these are being faked considering how intricate the designs are.

When I was painting my Holbrooks, I was sanding them down to start over white started coming up under the orange paint. It really started to look like a Petterson and looked awesome but then I decided to not leave it like that out of respect.

Back