• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pitchman one earsock longer than the other

s4v8

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking at my new Pitchmans and noticed that one earsock is longer than the other.

I tried sliding the sock further down the arm but it's already at the stop where the other one is.

Are these trim to fit?

Not sure why my last post didn't show up here. I was able to fix it. Looks like the earsock slipped past the stop on the end of the stem.

Interesting that the Oakley site shows the Pitchman with uneven earsocks. Maybe a photoshop mistake?

0OX8050__805012_090A.png

Not sure why my last post didn't show up here. I was able to fix it. Looks like the earsock slipped past the stop on the end of the stem.

Interesting that the Oakley site shows the Pitchman with uneven earsocks. Maybe a photoshop mistake?

View attachment 1095129
It's an optical illusion. The stems are black carbon on the outside and painted blue on the inside.

Oh, you're right. I just looked at mine ;)

Mine definitely slipped past the end. In the pic above where you can see the inside of the stem, the blue parts are wider which is supposed to prevent the earsock from sliding up or down the stem. Not sure if I got it from the optician that way but it hasn't happened since I put them back in the proper place.

Back