• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PSA: Your local optometrist might be able to help you

OakInverter

Oakley Beginner
Europe
A couple of weeks ago some friendly members of this forum helped me identify my Oakley sunglasses. They also warned that it still might not be easy to find the replacement parts I was looking - over time the ear socks had like melted.

After ignoring the warning and ordering something on ebay I was back to square one when the order didn't even arrive... That's when I remembered noticing a shop in my town that, among others, sells Oakleys with prescription lenses.

Long story short, I asked them whether they could help with my old sunglasses, they had some earsocks that could be adjusted to fit, changed the nose pads which had become a bit yellow, and didn't charge a dime.

Just wanted to share this with everybody since I'm bound to not be the only one who occasionally forgets that sometimes a brick-and-mortar store is more useful than all of the internet with its amazons and ebays.

I have found that most optometrists are more than happy to help out when they can. I guess they figure (correctly, imho) that the goodwill gestures may result in future business.

Back