• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polaroid lenses and water

ashpa

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I've recently purchased Oakley Whisker Prizm Black Polarized lenses - I was wondering, is that polaroid part of the lenses technology? Or is it just a layer on top of the lenses? If they get wet, will they lose their Polarized aspect?

Thanks

Hi,

I've recently purchased Oakley Whisker Prizm Black Polarized lenses - I was wondering, is that polaroid part of the lenses technology? Or is it just a layer on top of the lenses? If they get wet, will they lose their Polarized aspect?

Thanks
Part of the lenses they can get wet and they won’t affect them. But clean them up water left on the lenses can lead to peeling.

Thanks. Yes. I do plan on cleaning the water, but was wondering due to rain/sweat while running/or even handing around the pool (not diving with them) can make them slightly wet

Thanks. Yes. I do plan on cleaning the water, but was wondering due to rain/sweat while running/or even handing around the pool (not diving with them) can make them slightly wet
That won’t affect the coating at all.

If you leave sweat and body oils on lenses, it will cause peeling, usually on the inside. Regular cleaning is key. I am qualified to answer as I have my own swim school in my house and have been using Oakley as a water sports teacher since 1995. :)

Back