• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Positive red vs Ruby Iridium?

Agree with @Jon the Don. Love the outside of both, but +red is much nicer to look through. I would say it has a subtle green tint where ruby has a very strong blue tint. I only wear ruby in the summer since it feels so cold.

I actually just picked up a pair of ruby for my Scalpels but they aren't that red. So jealous!

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Not entirely sure there are any TRUE Ruby lenses for the Scalpel: just get some custom cut to circumvent the problem.

Couldn't believe my luck when I put a a bid of 28 pounds on these beuties (the lenses only) and nobody challenged me....and won them. I consider myself to be a Ruby connoisseur, only the BEST Ruby are good enough.

Last edited:
I like both but if really red lenses are what you want, take a look at Prizm Baseball Infield.

If the truth be known........I too like both lenses but err on the side of Ruby: I have +Red as well as Ruby in my collection and still hunting(in a leisurely manner) down some +Red wires.
I think it's more that slight purple hue that I love so much.

These are sweeeeeet dude!

Thank you, @Don

Latest Posts

Back