• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Post Pictures Of Your Knives And Sunglasses

78170f428c7eceec9d02ed066e31dc2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to make a karambit flipper for my second project, let me know what you all think as im sure with each project I’ll get better at my fit and finish. Construction is all titanium with the blade having a symetrical flat grind on the primary bevels and for the secondary bevel it is carbidized on one side. The lockbar side is an orange peeled titanium finish and the show side is a textured milled pattern. To finish it off i gave the show side of the blade a bit of an apocalyptic type finish. Still need to figure out a pocket clip though.

E52CB2A6-B071-4BA8-9CF0-089B72B7691A.jpeg
19B62152-864A-4A95-BF4D-0AED1A4F223F.jpeg
7DEB3304-974F-48DF-A15A-5F422AFA5F00.jpeg
4E8CFAAC-4401-4698-A4E7-4B56A5AD7C4B.jpeg

Decided to make a karambit flipper for my second project, let me know what you all think as im sure with each project I’ll get better at my fit and finish. Construction is all titanium with the blade having a symetrical flat grind on the primary bevels and for the secondary bevel it is carbidized on one side. The lockbar side is an orange peeled titanium finish and the show side is a textured milled pattern. To finish it off i gave the show side of the blade a bit of an apocalyptic type finish. Still need to figure out a pocket clip though.

View attachment 441810 View attachment 441807 View attachment 441809 View attachment 441806

Looks cool. An accomplishment to be proud of for sure.

Looks cool. An accomplishment to be proud of for sure.

Thanks, Ive been collecting custom knives almost as long as oakley and now after trying to make a few I have a new appreciation for custom knives that dont just come off a cnc machine. The amount of time that some makers must put into a single knife is crazy.

Thanks, Ive been collecting custom knives almost as long as oakley and now after trying to make a few I have a new appreciation for custom knives that dont just come off a cnc machine. The amount of time that some makers must put into a single knife is crazy.

I imagine some can take a really long time, but I think most custom makers make in batches. They will go through each step making several at each stage. So while your already cutting blade blanks, you will cut say 20, then next step make 20, etc so in the end u end up with 20. Takes longer at each stage, but probably easier that way.

Latest Posts

Back