• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription Sunglasses Sphere/Cylinder Sizing

Gw50

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
My son is 11 and has been wearing prescription Oakley sunglasses for the last 4 years. When he got his new prescription today we went to the Oakley Store to order his new sunglasses but were told that the prescription won't work for oakley sunglasses, only the standard oakley eyeglass frames. This is the first time I have heard this so looking for any insight. Is this true or are there some oakley sunglasses that will work? He fits adult frames now and was looking at the Half Jacket 2.0 , his prescription is below. thanks!!

Right Eye -4.25 Sphere +3.00 Cylinder 125 Axis
Left Eye -4.25 Sphere +3.25 Cylinder 055 Axis

@Chris A Hardaway do you think this is something you can make?
Please message me. I believe I can do it.
But I need his PD measurement, frame selection, and lens color selection. I believe minimum PD is going to be 27/27 per eye... Or 54mm total. Half jacket 2.0 or 2.0XL shape? Cylinder maxes out at 3.00 but a 3.25 gets compensated down to 3.00 anyway. So I'm happy to help fill it. His vision will be excellent

Most of the Oakley frames are what's called, "Rx Ready", meaning that you are able to have them in prescription, provided that your optician deals directly with Oakley.

Latest Posts

Back