• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prism Ruby vs Deep Water

a_big_dumb_animal

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,

I currently have a pair of Mainlink XL's with Prism Sapphire and I love them. Looking to pickup a second pair, and torn on the Ruby or DWP's. Seem to both be a fan favorite here and elsewhere. I can't determine if one is better than the other.

Primary use is general outdoors, driving, camping, yard work, softball, disc golf, etc.

Also side note - why can you not do custom Oakley's with a prescription? Kinda stinks. I love these Mainlinks, but would like to custom them a bit more to differentiate from my other pair.

Thanks!

Last edited:
So the more I look, I would probably also add Jade into the mix.

I'm reading opinions all over the place between grey vs. bronze based. My Sapphires now are grey based, and I legit love them. I think everything looks great!

I'm not sure if it's better or worse to stick with a grey based or add a bronze based into the mix. The Jade seems like it'll be similiar to the Sapphires, but I've been reading that people think they're too washed out.

These will utlimately be a second/backup pair (more for the wife's Jeep), so they won't get as much use, unless I like them better than the Sapphires.

Thanks!

One more follow up ... are DWP's in fact polarized, or not? When selecting the lenses during the configuration process, it does not show them as polarized. Yet when you get to the confirmation screen, it states they are polarized.

Kinda confusing, can anyone confirm which it is?

Thanks

Last edited:
One more follow up ... are DWP's in fact polarized, or not? When selecting the lenses during the configuration process, it does not show them as polarized. Yet when you get to the confirmation screen, it states they are polarized.

Kinda confusing, can anyone confirm which it is?

Thanks
The p in DWP stands for Polarized.

@Broccoli - thanks! Thought it was for Prism.

I've found some other references that do state they're polarized though. Just odd that their site doesn't show this when building the lenses.
C331993D-4883-47B4-BC54-0282590CABCD.jpeg

Both are nice lenses. Ruby uses a bronze base, and DWP uses a grey base, but it looks more rose-ish when combined with the blue mirror. Both are great lenses but very different.

If you are buying them as Rx lenses, I’d recommend going to a store and trying on both lenses to make sure either one will work for you before you spend a bunch of money on an Rx lens that might not work, or you might not prefer.

Thanks @WildWires - unfortunately I'm not aware of any shops nearby that carry all the lenses. When I discovered the Sapphire at LensCrafters, it was the only option they had.

Any specific call outs you'd make for DWP or Ruby and which may best compliment or contrast an existing Saphire pair?

Thanks!

Latest Posts

Back