• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road disappointment

Maybe that fishing prizm.
I got replacement rx in road (had trail) and I miss the trail. Especially in the bike parks.

Prizm Dark Golf is a serious contender for my favourite lens. I used to wear G30 a lot, and now that I've tried PDG, I'm looking for a frame and some replacement lenses for my go-to frames.

Hi All- new member and new Oakley owner here. I recently bought a pair of evzero stride prizm road glasses, and while I really like a lot of the features after a few weeks of riding with them I am not happy with the prizm road lenses. Most of my riding is on tree shaded roads with dappled sunlight creating a high contrast situation. The prizm road lenses are too dark in the shadows and increase the contrast too much so that I lose all detail of cracks, potholes, etc. and can't tell if something I need to avoid is lurking in the shadows. It was so bad the other day on one poorly maintained road I had to take the glasses off.

In the past I have gravitated towards yellow lenses or clear/photochromic, but those aren't options on the evzero stride. What lens, if any, will meet my needs? I've seen reviews that say the prizm trail is no good for the road, but I wonder if that is biased towards riding on sunny roads? The prizm golf looks like it might be an option as well? Does anyone have firsthand experience with this problem and other lenses that might perform better? At this time I'm not willing to consider other frames- the frameless evzero provides great visibility over the top when I'm in the drops or on aerobars and behind when I'm checking back for cars or how badly I've dropped my buddies ;)
Try Trail. I like road - seems like the perfect lens for versatile use. I sometimes use Vr28 in my older frames, or G30 during sunset. Prizm Dark Golf was kind of nice too, but prob not the best lens to use for cycling.

Latest Posts

Back