• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm tungsten question

deflaytedme

Oakley Beginner
ive bough multiple pairs of fuel cell prizm tungsten over the years. recently my gf bought me a pair from amazon as a present because she noticed my pair was really scratched up. the lenses dont seem like they are the prizm tungsten im used to, where i can wear them even at dusk and see perfectly fine. these seem much darker. the other pair is prizm gray. They seem real to me but can't figure out why they are so much darker. They also reflect a good bit more than the other pair. Anyone know what's going on?
20230613_154236.jpg

20230613_153950.jpg

ive bough multiple pairs of fuel cell prizm tungsten over the years. recently my gf bought me a pair from amazon as a present because she noticed my pair was really scratched up. the lenses dont seem like they are the prizm tungsten im used to, where i can wear them even at dusk and see perfectly fine. these seem much darker. the other pair is prizm gray. They seem real to me but can't figure out why they are so much darker. They also reflect a good bit more than the other pair. Anyone know what's going on?View attachment 1062193

View attachment 1062191
The one on the left looks like Tungsten, the other one on the right does not look to be Tungsten even if they Polarized if that was the case.
To me they look more like a Shooting lense maybe TR45 or TR22
Lets see what others think as i am no expert.

The one on the left looks like Tungsten, the other one on the right does not look to be Tungsten even if they Polarized if that was the case.
To me they look more like a Shooting lense maybe TR45 or TR22
Lets see what others think as i am no expert.
Aw man I forgot my last pair is tr45. I'm stupid! Thanks for your help mate! No wonder they are different.

Not even the same spectrum as tungsten... they really came that scratched up??? I smell a fake or someone sold you a ford and called it a mercedes benz
Nah the tr45 , the ones all scratched up, I've had them a year or longer. I forgot that they were, what they were, and when my gf got me the tungsten, I didn't realize what I've been wearing is my tr45. Too many sunglasses to keep track. That's why they seem so different..thanks!

Back