• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About The Half Jacket 2.0 Non Polarized Lenses

Veeshun

Oakley Beginner
I bought this pair at the Official Oakley Store that just opened up here in Albuquerque, NM. I had the original Half Jackets before these. I've always noticed these two large spots on the inside part of my lenses when I clean them. At first I just thought it was a film on them but I noticed that they always look like this no matter how much I clean them. All I use to clean them is the official Oakley kit that I bought on the official website with the original cleaner that comes with it. Are these normal? I also noticed I have them on the spare fire iridiums that I haven't worn yet. Why do they do this?

This first image you can see it on both sides, kind of like an octagon.
csux.jpg

Zoomed in:
kofg.jpg

Wow, no one? Bummer. Looks like a trip to the Oakley store is in order to ask why. I've just never seen lenses do this before and my old Half Jackets didn't.

I own multiple pairs of the 2.0 and have never seen this. I use them for work daily. Take them back and exchange them for another pair.

I own multiple pairs of the 2.0 and have never seen this. I use them for work daily. Take them back and exchange them for another pair.
Thank you for responding. What do I do if it's past the 90 days? I have the receipt.

I don't think the local store will work with you after 90 days. Oakley warranty would probably cover this defect.

Oakley.com eyewear warranty policy
Oakley eyewear products are warranted for one year (two years in the European Union) from the date of purchase against manufacturer’s defects. The warranty is valid only to the original purchaser with a proof of purchase from an Authorized Oakley Dealer that clearly shows the purchase date. Oakley does not warrant against any lens scratches. Alteration, misuse, abuse, or installation of non-Oakley lenses will void this warranty. The customer’s exclusive remedy for a breach of warranty will be the repair or replacement of the item as determined by Oakley. The warranty does not affect the legal rights of customers under applicable state or national laws governing the sale of consumer goods.

Even though I bought them back in July, I went to the store here for advice. The manager swapped them out for me no charge. The problem is as soon as I got home I noticed they were doing the same thing. I noticed that the date on the old lenses was 06/07/2013, these new ones are 06/17/2013. I just don't understand this, I don't know what to do now. Should I just call Oakley and tell them what's going on?

Back