• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question about transition lenses

Reese's Pieces

I should Work at Oakley
Lexington, SC
Hi guys. I ordered my Flak 2.0s from Lenscrafters a few days ago but i have a question.

I requested the clear to black iridium transitions. First, I was told that in order to get them, I had to pay an extra fee to get the glare reduction option in order to get that color. Otherwise, I could only get the clear to grey. I went ahead and paid the fee but my receipt shows SV Oakley Tri Digital Tms Gry. Shouldn't it say black iridium or BI or something similar?

I'm concerned because I had to convince them in the first place that clear to black iridium was even an option. After I did that, they were telling me that the black iridium shows as grey in their system. If that's true, what does it show when someone wants grey??

I'm worried that I'm going to get the wrong thing and then be told that custom orders are final. Since the order shows grey, I won't have much of a leg to stand on if that happens since there isn't any documentation. My work schedule this week doesn't really allow for me to get over there and chat face to face. Everything after the initial order has been on the phone with sales people.

Hey Reese,

That sounds disappointing. I wouldn't be too worried YET. If their "register" system for ringing up a sale doesn't have an option for black iridium transitions that doesn't mean they can't get it. For example, you and I both know it is an option (they did discontinue the Emerald Transitions a while back, I loved those). It's too bad we as consumers often know more than the person selling it to us. That's just annoying, so I feel your pain. I try to train my staff to know as much as possible, I reward them for saving me time by figuring things out themselves lol.

Anyway, when someone orders clear-grey transitions they probably ring up the same thing they do for blkirid-clear transtions. That's what they told you so try to take their word at face value. But on the "You Pay" out-of-pocket portion after insurance they should have charged you about $40-50 more than the person not wanting the iridium (wanting the standard clear-grey).

As long as they entered the order into My.Luxottica / Dealers.Oakley.com RX portal properly you are GOOD TO GO.

Feel free to post pictures in their clear state (should be an obvious reflectivity to the front surface of lenses) and a photo of them in their darkerned state (they really should look like chrome then).

I'll give you my two cents if you tag me. Best of luck, great choice by the way. Very cool!

@Chris A Hardaway . The clear photo is about 10 seconds after going from my garage to my car. The dark pic is after a minute or so in the sun. Definitely BI?

20170526_173644.jpg

20170526_174743.jpg

Hard to tell in the darkened state photo. But the photo of them "clear" inside your car highly looks like black Iridium Transitions... How are you liking? You could consider sending another dark photo with something reflecting off the lenses, like trees clouds.

They honestly look very nice on you. Even a good for in polished white (not my favorite on myself).

Here ya go. Luckily, my wife took a shot when I stepped outside after they first gave them to me.

I absolutely love them so far! Comfortable and I like the way they look. I notice that they maintain a slight tint even at night but it didn't seem to be very noticeable when driving.

output.jpg

Very nice! Yep now I'm 100% sure they gave you the black iridium. In that picture you can tell better. Plus you mentioned that they always have a slight tint. Those are all telltale signs that it is what you think it is. Glad you're enjoying them bro good investment. Keep in mind they should have at least a one-time scratch warranty. In my office we warranty them for 2 years. So if you have any issues don't be afraid to contact the seller.

Latest Posts

Back