• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 lenses etching differences ? Mirror coating differences?

If it helps…

E648DE3D-AAAA-45AD-943E-F7F2CC6D5306.jpeg

CEEC7CF1-9A8A-412F-8CFD-8FE34B3F2AED.jpeg

895F112C-0B75-4E45-A7F7-6F9119DB36D6.jpeg

there are variations in the etching, but to @mickeyblackeyes point, do the lenses both seem authentic? thickness, beveling, etc? also the iridium bake has a variation in huesjust like how Ice lenses will have blue/green hues, ruby purple/fire hues, and emerald golden/bright green.
Yes they beveling and everything is spot on both have the flat edges unfortunately so no MJ I didn’t know that when I bought them

Yeah gotta feel it out lol.

I pulled out some lenses that were beside me and the top one for sure it's the oldest I got them from the dealer who did me his XL large vault R1.

The etching had a squished x and the iridium is darker than the others the bottom one is the lightest

View attachment 898966

View attachment 898967

View attachment 898968

View attachment 898969

View attachment 898970
Yeah this is the exact variation I’m having to the fat X is older has more mirror and the skinny X is newer also has darker iridium. I saw this post saying the fake lenses have the etching way to high up on the lenses instead of on the brim . Like this….

8918AF7F-89AE-4E5E-AA9F-64DCE71A337D.png

@mickeyblackeyes Brad,
Oakley produced R1 lenses with slight tint variations. Here are my OEM Romeo Fire spares and you can easily tell the difference.
The Fire with reddish tints came from my 4 digit Romeo 1 Plasma frames. Please don’t mind the XX lenses, hope this helps.

View attachment 899154
Now you’re just showing off. PM’d 😂

the top lens with the skinny came from where I got one of my Jordans, but it has a bump in the corner. I have not taken my Jordan R1s to check if they have the lens bumps or not, I have a low Serial and High Serial.
I believe all 3 sets of low serial Jordan R1 lenses I've seen are all round without bumps. But bevels otherwise are the same or similar. Like @dragonvoi mentioned. I also noticed when I trimmed R1 lenses to fit a Jordan R1 for @XxrumkaxX the etching was different on each. But I can't remember which etching was which.

Back