• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Rare Gen 2 Black Rain Prototype MINT

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

$400 F&F is what I paid a well know board member on here, Just looking to get my investment back. I'm sure he will be happy to confirm if necessary.

Was told black iridium but I'm fairly certain these are chrome iridium which I think looks better anyway. I'm not a collector and just don't see me wearing these enough. They are beautiful though which is what hooked me in.

No Box.

Black Rain1.jpg

Black Rain 2.jpg

Black rain 3.jpg

Black Rain 4.jpg

Black rain 5.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
What identifies this as a Prototype?
My Frogskin Protos all don't have the Oakley logo colored...

I couldn’t answer that because I don’t know. It came up when I asked about the chrome vs black iridium and the response was it may be a prototype pair. Again that is from a very reputable board member. I know when they were released I believe it was with the positive red or black iridium. Maybe the older black iridium is more chrome like? I guess my point was to me they are what I would consider chrome. I have a basic black iridium prizm frog that I wear pretty much daily and these are way more chrome looking. Best way I can describe it.

The prototype or not part came up after the sale and was irrelevant to my purchase.

Last edited:
Someone surely just snapped some different lenses in. Nice pair though. GLWS.

Username Hidden said:
They may be black iridium. they were purchased from an executive who worked at oakley for 30 plus years. all of his stuff was incredible. it was listed as black iridium, just an fyi. But i do agree, to me it looks way more chrome then BI.

He had a ton of stuff that was NON released to the general public, so it could be as the seller stated, lenses could be NON released. Couldn't say for sure.

Username Hidden said:
you wont see too many black rain gen 2's for sale. who ever gets it will be happy :).

GLWS!!!

I have a pair too (and matching mumbo) - but with the black iridium - looks quite different to your lenses. Good luck with the sale!

blackrain3.jpg

bump. Backstory was shared in earlier post.

bump drop to $300 F&F... already at a loss at this point
Need some funds. Ready to ship

Last edited:
OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.