• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Repairing my first pair of Polished Oakley's Blue Iridium X Metal nose bridge

davil

Oakley Beginner
I joined the forum 4 months ago looking for a pair of Oakley's and I just got my first pair of Oakley's ever. I went through the process of trying to fix the nose bridge since they're over 21 year old and the rubber has since deteriorate. Took some photos of the process, I didn't have any of the proper hardware so I just used a hammer and metal rod lol.

I love them so much.

IMG_4765.jpeg

IMG_4731.jpeg

IMG_4754.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

IMG_4747.jpeg

IMG_4736.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4736.jpeg

IMG_4747.jpeg

Fair play Fella, Using a Bullet casing to support the frame shows a certain sense of Style! Guess you must be a Stateside Member......

Going to need to be Careful pushing that in back in, Not to mark the front of the Nosebridge although as it's a Polished Frame you can Polish any (lightish) marks out.....

Agreed Rob. However if we does Mess up knowing he can get them fixed up for reasonable money he will be the first one to bemoan the fact he didnt in the 1st place.

Plus an old(ish) thread that hasn’t been updated by the OP with the finished article…….

Agreed Rob. However if we does Mess up knowing he can get them fixed up for reasonable money he will be the first one to bemoan the fact he didnt in the 1st place.

Plus an old(ish) thread that hasn’t been updated by the OP with the finished article…….
Maybe after this photo something terrible happend 😢

4E621E97-1409-465E-9339-F3E5A14FD5D9.jpeg

Back