1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

  1. GSP_87

    GSP_87 Oakley Beginner

    Trophy Points:
    I had a cap on, so couldn't wear my Frogskins on top of my head indoors like usual, so I hung it on my t-shirt. When I took it out, one stem came off and I saw the hinge screw was missing. I retraced my steps and couldn't find it. It could have gotten stuck in someone's shoe.

    Is there a specific name for this type of screw? Any chance I'll be able to get a replacement at the hardware store, or do I have to take a chance and buy one of those drug store glasses repair kits and hope a screw that fits comes with the kit?
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

    Register to Not see this ad
  2. Frogskins

    Frogskins Oakley Expert

    Trophy Points:
    I'm guessing these were the older gen 1s with the metal hinges.

    I would try an optician (they have to have a screw that fits) or I would guess the drug store kit might work as well ...
  3. Lumbergh

    Lumbergh Oakley Enthusiast

    Trophy Points:
    Any optical store will have something that works, don't waste your money on the drug store kit.