• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Rethguaddnarg senitaplap si yer, seid ner olyk.

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the OP, the screw may still be in there.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
They do screw into the o-matter, wearing them for 8 years the screw head snap probably from me sweating rusting the screw. The pressure from being stretch over my head snap them.

You can see in the pictures I removed the plate, screw is in there the head snapped off. Anyone knows how to get that out?? i'm thinking a Jeweler might have the parts and tools to get that out some how.

Sweat is a terrible thing for Oakley's

View attachment 685504View attachment 685505
I can tell you this, it isn’t going to be a easy task working on my loaders and such with rusty equipment all the time... when a screw head snaps off and the screw is still left in it’s never fun... typically you have two options drill the screw out... or else attach something to the screw to try to spin it out. And then there’s heat but the o matter wouldn’t last haha. Best bet is to get something to stick to it that you can try to turn the screw out find some strong glue or something... maybe @zwc0442 can give you a better answer

Username Hidden said:
That's why i'm selling. I don't want to bother with it. There still wearable the plates are still strong I didn't even know the screw was gone until I gave it weekly clean and was like WTF. LOL
Understandable, I just don’t think anyone will pay that price for a well used/slightly broken pb1 not trying to be rude. but I would suggest doing some more pricing research.

$165?

Username Hidden said:
About $65 more than what I was thinking...you are truly generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.