• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2

Oakley plumber

Oakley Beginner
Hi all. Just bought a romeo 2 today. Box, coin and paperwork came with it. Polished with titanium lens. $480 cdn. I know they don't have serials but should there be a sku #? Could someone please post some pics of the back inside of the glasses. Thanks.

Assuming that's the box that actually originally came with the glasses, you can find your answer. Look for the SKU on the box.

There were two R2 polished / Ti Ir SKUs:

04-139 should not have the SKU on the frame.
04-156 should have the SKU on the frame.

But really, the difference between the two SKUs is that the 156 came with hydrophobic lenses, not whether or not the frames were marked. The timing just happens to be similar.

There might be some 139s out there with SKU markings - they started putting SKUs on x-metals in 2008 but 156 didn't replace 139 until 2009.

Bottom line, there are plenty of legit R2s out there with no SKU markings. My 12-687 x-metal / BIP don't have them.

Yeah, none of my R2's have any SKU # etched on them and I have both generation styles. The only difference is what kronin said. Hydrophobic lenses, plus either two piece box (first gen) or three piece box (2nd gen) with different SKU # .

Assuming that's the box that actually originally came with the glasses, you can find your answer. Look for the SKU on the box.

There were two R2 polished / Ti Ir SKUs:

04-139 should not have the SKU on the frame.
04-156 should have the SKU on the frame.

But really, the difference between the two SKUs is that the 156 came with hydrophobic lenses, not whether or not the frames were marked. The timing just happens to be similar.

There might be some 139s out there with SKU markings - they started putting SKUs on x-metals in 2008 but 156 didn't replace 139 until 2009.

Bottom line, there are plenty of legit R2s out there with no SKU markings. My 12-687 x-metal / BIP don't have them.
Box says 04-139

Can you show me this... im curious now.

I don't have a 04-156, only the 12-687 (R2s are too hard to find with pristine OEM lenses) - I was assuming, because they were putting SKUs on x-metals starting in 2008. But my uncertainty is why I qualified my statement with "should have the SKU" instead of "will have the SKU"... the point was his non-SKU'ed R2s weren't fake just because they lacked SKUs...

@Romeo Van Frogskinstein will know for certain - he has them all:D:D:D...

I will look to see which one I have at home and look at all 5 as I have fist and second gen of different frames

Latest Posts

Back